Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Our Little Indian
Maryn attends a Methodist Preschool that we just love, just up the road from us. This morning they had the 4 Year-Old's Thanksgiving program "A Thankful Day" in the school's Sanctuary. It was so touching to see all these little people file into the chapel with their fingers over their mouths, perfectly reverent. The teachers were all dressed up like pilgrims and the children like Indians. I helped out in Maryn's class last Monday with her and her little classmates, painting their Indian costumes for the program. It was fun seeing how well they all turned out and everyone looking the part.
They shared the Thanksgiving story with us through songs and sign language. I think I was just feeling a bit over-emotional, but the sight of all those sweet children, sharing with us what they had worked so hard to prepare, brought tears to my eyes. It made me so thankful for the association we have with our good Methodist neighbors. It's nice to know that in a world that emphasizes differences, we have found a wonderful common ground that celebrates our similarities. Our belief in God and teaching our children that He loves us so very much. Our family's life has been blessed as we have watched Maryn just bloom through the association with all her friends and wonderful teachers at her school.
Maryn made us laugh while on stage, because she was really into her performance. In true Maryn fashion, after each song while all the other kids just stood there while the parents clapped, Maryn took great big bows turning from side to side after each song. After one song about a turkey that hid from the farmer, so everyone had to eat Chick-fil-A (...to all you Westerners, Chick-fil-A is a Southern staple! Yum!) on Thanksgiving Day, one little kid yelled out "That was a silly song!" Justin swears it was Maryn and honestly that wouldn't surprise me. It was pretty funny! Brynna had a great big grin on her face as she watched her big sister. She can't wait until next year when she gets to go to school there too! Justin and I were sharing a hug in the kitchen after we got home. We know for sure what we are thankful for this season, among all our many blessings, are our two little women!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay your girls are getting so big it makes me sad. I am so proud of Maryn and I am willing to bet that it was her who yelled out during the performance. She ROCKS!
Oh how I LOVE checking your blog!!! It brings back many a memory of tears at kids performances of many kinds. The joy of parenthood!!!! Thanks for sharing..
Love Mom/ Grammy
How fun! Maryn looks so cute. I bet you had a great time at the school helping out the kids make their costumes. Can you believe that before you know it Brynna will be attending preschool too?! I miss my girls...
Love,
Krissy
Post a Comment