Monday, December 17, 2007

Our Gingerbread House!

Every year, it is Phil and Jody's tradition to get together with the girls and make a fun Gingerbread House. This year's actually turned out pretty good! We've had some questionable Gingerbread Houses in the past, but this one was a keeper! (Nice icicle work Phil!)
Of course the girls loved it and there was no shortage of licking frosting off their fingers and sneaking candy.
Brynna was especially proud of her contributions! She threw her arms up after putting some candy on the house and and triumphantly said "Yay, I did it!" Jody was marveling at how much she had grown in the past year. She really is such a big kid now!
Maryn also just continues to amaze us with how she's grown in the last year. This was serious business to her and she was concentrating so she could do it just right! (The band-aid on her head is to cover up the stitches we had to go get on Friday night. You'd think with all the trips to Urgent Care, I'd given birth to a couple of Mexican wrestlers or something! Oh well, the excitement never ends!)
Justin's brothers, Aaron and Adam, didn't want to miss out on a good time! So they came up with Phil and Jody to have some Christmas fun with us. Justin and Adam were not exactly the life of the party for awhile there....
In Justin's defense, the poor guy was totally sick, so we'll forgive him. It was later determined that Adam was storing up on brain power, so that later on he and Jody could beat the pants off the rest of us at Scrabble! So to keep the party going while the beauties were sleeping, Aaron got a jam session going in the kitchen to a little Jack Johnson with Maryn and Brynna. Yeah, it's not Christmas music, but in our family, you can never go wrong with a little bit of Jack!
Since Phil, Jody, Adam, and Aaron will all be in Arizona with Justin's sister, Kristen for Christmas, we decided to go ahead and let the girls open a couple of their presents from them now. They were out of their minds with happiness!
They got cozy robes from Grammy and Gramps and a cool storybook theater kit from Adam and Aaron. Both of which we could not pry from their fingers even after they slept off the excitment this morning! Thanks for such a good time you guys, we love you!

6 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Love the gingerbread house! Apparently Maryn has a bit of your brother, Daniel, in her. I guess if he survived, it's possible Maryn might too!

Are you feeling better? Maybe Justin is just having sympathy pains? Hope he gets feeling better!

Lindsey said...

What a wonderful tradition and looks like you all had a lot of fun. We love Jack Johnson too! Whenever Mackenzie hears him she screams "Monkey Movie!" (from Curious George)

Sarah Young said...

I've been feeling a bit better the past few days. Justin has a wicked chest-cold, sinus thing going on. I told him that if I get over being prego-sick and he gets me sick-sick, I'll hurt him! :)

Kristine said...

I love the pictures! I cannot believe Maryn had to get stitches! Poor thing - I hope you are both feeling better soon :-( We love you!

Barb McLean said...

Can I join the sick-o band wagon? I feel as though I have been run over by a steam roller. I need one of those fluffy robes Maryn and Brynna are sporting, and a good long nap! The gingerbread house tradition looks so fun! OK for the record... Can Adam and Aaron get any cuter? Give those girls a big love for me and Merry Christmas to all!

Barb McLean said...

Can I join the sick-o band wagon? I feel as though I have been run over by a steam roller. I need one of those fluffy robes Maryn and Brynna are sporting, and a good long nap! The gingerbread house tradition looks so fun! OK for the record... Can Adam and Aaron get any cuter? Give those girls a big love for me and Merry Christmas to all!