
Justin and I went into Maryn's room at 6:45 to see if she was still sleeping. As soon as I walked in the door her eyes flew open. I said "Maryn! We had a visitor!" Well that's all it took, she jumped out of bed and was ready to take off down the stairs! We had to make her wait while we got Brynnie up. This is them waiting at the top of the stairs, anxious for Mom to get out of the way so they could see what Santa brought!

This is Brynna with her present from Santa, she was so excited! Maryn had seen a Pucci Pup, which is a stuffed dog that comes with a carrier, brush, leash, outfit and all that fun jazz at Costco back in October. When we went back to see if it was there, they were totally out. Maryn was bummed, so I told her that since Mommy couldn't get it, she better ask Santa for it. So since October, if you asked Maryn what she wanted Santa to bring, it was 'that dog from Costco'! So needless to say her and Brynna were both very excited that Santa delivered! Maryn named her white dog 'Emma' and Brynnie named her black dog 'Pepper'.

This is Maryn digging into her stocking. 'Little Einstein' dvd's, candy, play-dough and Hello Kitty stuff is always such a big hit at our house! How did Santa know?! As Maryn says "Mom, I guess he just knows!" She also loved that he puts oranges and apples in the stockings too, "Just like when you were little, Mom!"

This is Brynna and Daddy opening the first gift! Books, books, and more books from Mom and Dad! There are three things my kids love more than anything else...

#1 - Books

This fun Disney Princess Book is from Nana and Papa! Both the girls are crazy about it! Then Brynnie is getting ready to open her 'Busy Book' from Nana and Papa as well. This also was a huge hit, it has all sorts of quiet activities that both the girls went gaga over. I can't wait to try it out in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday. Since both of my sweet daughters think it's time to dance Swan Lake while the congregation is singing the hymns. Ahem, maybe this will help me keep them in their seats!

#2 - Animals (ESPECIALLY Littlest Pet Shop for Maryn! That girl is obsessed!) Thank you Grammy and Gramps, these kidlets scored the motherload!

#3 - Anything that is really noisy and requires jumping all over the place. So this game we think ought to do the trick! I know my brother Steve and his wife Kristine LOVE noisy toys, so I got one for my nephews too. Haha, sorry Sis!

It was also sweet brecause this was the first year Maryn made and wrapped a present for her old Mom and Dad, with the help of her sweet teacher. A reindeer potholder that she painted! She was so proud and we loved it!

We all were really spoiled by Justin's and my parents, they are always so good to us. We missed them though. While we had a great, low-key, little Christmas just us and the kids, it made us realize there is something so special about having a house just brimming with those you love. I realized how strange it was a few days ago. This year was the first year in my whole married life that I had to peruse the Meat Department to look for a big animal to cook on a Holiday! I have been so spoiled having either my Mom or Jody in charge of that! I was always able to show up with a couple side dishes and call it good! This cooking all day thing for two straight days! Aye-yi-yi, I think I need a nap! Overall though it was a wonderful Christmas and we are so grateful for the blessings we enjoy. We are already looking forward to next Christmas in Oregon, so we can put that new luggage Nana and Papa sent to good use!
2 comments:
I loved every picture! I am missing you all something fierce! Maryn & Brynnie look like two very happy little girls! Can't wait for Christmas 08... I will even cook the roast beast!
Hi, my name is Joanne. Odlly enough found your website when I googled "Pucci pups at costco". I am also a mother of two girls...Alysia (5) and Breanna (2). My mom bought Breanna a Pucci pup for christmas and of course Alysia loved it too. So I've been on the Internet looking for them. Anyhow I felt like I was snooping looking at your website, but I couln't help it, it's really cool. It looks like your family had a wonderful christmas and I wish you a happy new year too.
signed, a fellow Pucci Pup mom.
Post a Comment