Today was perfection. We decided to sneak away to one of my most favorite places on earth, Savannah, GA. We also spent some time on Tybee Island soaking up sun and playing in the surf. It was so wonderful to be able to be together as a family, without any distractions. Just us, loving every moment of being together, being a family. I told Justin that I was just hungry to soak in every memory, every emotion and never forget how I felt at that moment. The sunlight, the tastes, the feelings of the day. I don't think I'll ever be able to describe just how Savannah makes me feel. It's really something magical you just have to experience for yourself. "Maybe I will tell you all about it..." after we get home and share some 3x5's, but for now I'll leave you with the words of one of my favorite songs...
5 comments:
You always have such beautiful posts! I can't wait to see your pictures of Savannah!
Oh, I'm so happy for you guys!! What a special time for you and your family!
I am so glad that you guys are having such a great time! I must agree there is something about Savannah that is magical!
Goodness me, I sit down at the computer for a few minutes and happen upon two friendly faces from Vancouver. As I was leaving a comment to say hello to Courtney I saw your name and was thrilled! It's hard to believe it was 10 years ago that you and the other girls were welcoming me into the church. You were such a great example to me and my life wouldn't be what it is today without the people who helped me discover the joys of the gospel. Tell your mother I say hello – she always was one of my YW favs! My family adventures are at stewart-fam.blogspot.com
We never did get to Savannah while we lived in GA. I'd love to see your pictures, sounds like a wonderful time...may have to check it out too someday.
Post a Comment