Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nine Years Ago...

Yesterday Justin and I celebrated our ninth anniversary. Justin expressed the very thoughts I was feeling towards him in the card he gave me. "...We've grown up together, learned together, loved together, created together, and challenged each other. I don't think I could have asked for another person to do that with than you..." If I could travel back in time and thank the naive, eighteen year girl I was for picking Justin, I would. I don't know if she knew what she was doing, but I know without a doubt the Lord did when He brought us together. I simply love that man with all my heart and could not ask for a better companion to journey through life with. All the joys and bumps we've had and shared along the way have solidified the love we have for each other in a way that I never could have understood nine years ago. He truly is my best friend and I feel so fortunate I get to continue the journey, hand in hand with him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you both so much!!!

Tracy E said...

Congradulations Sarah and Justin on 9 years! It IS great being married to your best friend.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Wow, 9 years!! Congrats!! It's great to see you both so happy and in love. You guys have a beautiful family and a lot to be proud of. I love you guys!!

Barb McLean said...

It is indeed hard to believe it has been nine years. What a joy it has been to see where love and committment can take two people. We love you both so much, and wish you every joy and happiness two hearts can hold!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!

hilla said...

congrats!

Joe said...

Congratulations to both of you! It is so nice to hear married people say nice things about their spouse. I don't think I've ever met your husand Sarah, but he sounds like your perfect match. May the next 9 be just as wonderful!

Swangerlings said...

Congratulations! It is nuts that you two have been married that long.

Anonymous said...

Sarah you really need to write a book you are such an amazing writer! Congradulations on 9 years wow!!!