My Mom and I went back-to-school shopping the other day with Maryn to get her all geared up for Kindergarten. It was so much fun! I'm not your typical girl in the fact that I'm not really a shop-til-you-drop kinda woman. I'll grab something here and there for the kids, but I've never done a one-on-one, special-day, blowout shopping trip with Maryn before. She was totally eating it up! While in the dressing room, she kept dancing around and posing in front of the mirror. It was pretty funny and I totally enjoyed getting to make my Peanut feel so special!We had a lot of success finding her some cute, new, school duds. But my favorite purchase of the day though was a pair of pink, Converse One-Stars. I LOVED Converse when I was a kid! I've had pink, green, and blue Chuck Taylors, white Jack Purcells, black suede One Stars. In fact I thought it kind of weird that I don't currently own a pair. Hmmm, I may have to remedy that! So I was happy to see that it would seem that I've passed the torch on to Maryn, who squealed with delight after peeling the cover off the shoe box in the store and seeing the pink goodness lying inside! She said "Oh my gosh! It has a star on it and I'm a star because I'm such a special kid!" She cracks me up! I can hardly wait to see her on the first day of school, ready to conquer the world in her special 'Star Kid' shoes! That's my girl!
11 comments:
I bought the most adorable pair of pink hightops for Renee who is three in January. My sister just laughed and said "you know that they are only going to fit her for a little while right?" "Yes I know but she will look so hip and cute while they do fit." Your daughter and I would get along well I am sure.
Too cute! Is it already time for back to school?! Where does the time go?
How fun; shoping with your mom and beautiful daughter. I was also a big converse fan in my elementary days, so I was equally as excited when I found pink converse size 6 for Amelia. Nothing beats little ones in converse, especially pink ones.
I am right there with you. I had converse all through high school. A few months back when I was in Seattle I hit the jackpot at a Converse outlet store and got both the girls Converse. I am not sure they appreciated them as much as I. When does school start back there?
School starts August 4th here! Isn't that crazy?!
oh how I love a fellow shoe hound... the girl has great taste, thanks to her mama!
can you believe your little girl is growing up? I bet she seems so much older now that Lauryn is here. What a fun shopping trip with your mother here. YOu look great and Lauryn is adorable.
The fact that my female cousin who finds herself created from the exact same genetic gene pool as myself is not a shopper is a huge surprise. I'm a shop till you drop kinda guy, so anytime your kids want someone to shop with send them my way. FYI, Hillary apparently grew up with one of your friends: Melysa Klemme, now married. Small world.
Cute! Loving the pink. I have a feeling Maryn is going to be a big hit in Kindergarden and she's going to love it!
Love it!! Zander has a pair of navy blue Converse! He wears them everywhere...even to church!
Think of all the "cool shoes" comments she will get! Fun!
Will you be the mom that cries on the first day of school or smiles all the way home... I won't tell you what I was! Enjoy it - it is so nice having time to focus on the other lovies at home.
Post a Comment