Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let the Catch-Up Begin!

I had almost forgotten what it felt like to board a plane without a making sure there were snacks, toys, diapers, and books. It was so nice to sail through security without having to struggle to get shoes off and on yourself and kids and try not to be super annoyed by the hold up of doing pH tests on every liquid item in the diaper bag. I had almost forgot what it was like to read and even doze off on the airplane and not have to worry about those screaming kids...because they're not mine! Yes, it was all possible due to my sweet, generous mother who flew out from Oregon to watch the girls for us while Justin and I sneaked away to Arizona for Adam and Amanda's wedding. Let me just tell you, it was DIVINE!!!

After we landed we had to hurry over to the hotel to change. On the way there I spied a Whataburger sign and Justin immediately planned a quick detour. I have heard many times over the years of the wonder and delight of the Whataburger experience and I finally got my first one. (It was okay for Justin as a Texan, but since I'm a little Northwesterner, I think I'll stick to Burgerville!) The reason we had to hurry and change was because Justin's brother, Kevin had decided to take out his endowments and go through the temple for the first time. We were so happy that we were able to be there for the special occasion. It was so wonderful to have the whole family together in the temple at the same time.

It was great to be there seeing Amanda as part of our family circle and know that the very next day, she too would officially be a member of the family!

4 comments:

hilla said...

Oh the joy of kid-free travel! Glad you enjoyed your flight and the temple!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be a blast to run a marathon with you guys, when is the Portland marathon? Maybe i wont get distracted with bear hunting next time and stop training a month before the run. My goal still stands at 3.5 hours.

Anonymous said...

I can't make it this year either, i will be out of the country for a while, but I think next year should work for me, Will see if i can put it in the schedule.

Swangerlings said...

I hear ya girl! Planes are the worst!!! It's like they all get together and say..Now what can we make more complicated for people and especially mothers? lol