Saturday, February 4, 2012
Flashback
Maryn went to a birthday party for her friend, Jennsen, this afternoon at a roller skating rink down in Woodstock. I had total flashbacks walking in of me and my friend, Tina, at Sparkles Roller Rink when we were Maryn's same age. Roller rinks don't change much through the generations. Music blaring, loud carpet, sweaty kids whizzing by left and right, the concessions chocked full of sugary, nutritionally-devoid treats which are a complete must-have to participate in an authentic roller rink experience. There was even the prerequisite adult male there by himself skating alone. (My mom said there was always "that guy" even when she was a kid.) It made me laugh. Maryn had a great time and told me to calm down after I gave her the buddy-system, what's-the-secret-password, don't-talk-to-strangers talk before going out to the car to read while she had fun with her friends. I know it will be a blink of an eye before Maryn makes the trek to the roller rink with her own kidlets and will remember days like today fondly. I know I sure do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am a rollerskating mama! :) I still LOVE to go to the rollerskating rink! It takes me right back to my youth! Beau and I used to go there after our dinner dates just for giggles. And I am now the proud owner of a vintage totally 70's pair of roller skates! :)
Niiiiice! I would probably biff it if I got out there on the floor! ;)
Post a Comment