I don't know if everyone knows who Dave Ramsey is, but he would be proud of me. I just finished pounding out my budget for next month and am determined to stick to it. Cash only, no cards, no excuses. In the past few months it seems like we have had a ton of expenses with our rental house and as of this moment it is sitting empty...I had my freak-out last month. Now I am trying to remain calm and have faith we will find good tenants and that it is going to be okay rather than suck my thumb at the thought of double house payments. Also the girls have been in activities that were awesome, but not cheap. The older girls have been growing which means new clothes and all that too. We have been blessed to have our needs met, but I've decided I can be a much better steward of our family's finances and be more disciplined in tracking our family's spending. As Dave says, I need to make my money work for me and not me work for my money. So here we go...let's just hope I don't get mugged and have all my cash for the month stolen! ;)
1 comment:
I feel the exact same way...it takes a lot of discipline, doesn't it? I found you via the new Power of Moms book. I'm so glad they decided to publish the blog addresses in the index so I can 'meet' all these awesome authors!
Post a Comment