Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thank You to Mitt


I felt the need today to write a little card to Mitt Romney. Not that my little voice matters. But I can only imagine how hard it would be to campaign and fight and work for something you truly believe in and then one day it is all just over. It has to be so heartbreaking. I just wanted him to know it was for a reason and that he was appreciated. That for me, he made a difference. I wrote...


Dear Gov. Romney,                                                                            November 7, 2012

    Today, amidst the disappointment over yesterday's election, I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude for you. If you ask my family and friends I was always the one to avoid politics. I didn't trust politicians or their motives. But with you I saw a love of your country and it's citizens as your motivation. I saw what a sacrifice it was for you and your family and yet you submitted to the rigors of a campaign because you cared and saw how you could help. 
     
    I just wanted you to know for me, while I really wish you were my president, your campaign was still a success. You made me believe that there are still good people out there whose motivation is to do good, not just gain power. You made me take my role as a citizen of this nation more seriously. You made me appreciate the good in America so much more. I will forever be grateful to you for that. 
     
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for caring about me, the little guy, enough to uproot your life in the pursuit of trying to give people like me a chance. You and your wonderful wife will clearly do good where ever it is you go or whatever you do. You have my best wishes and prayers on your behalf. Thank you again for making a difference.

                                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                Sarah Young

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should send that to him!