Friday, January 27, 2017

Still Loving

How do you write a serious-ish post inspired by texts regarding a late-night chocolate cake run? Well, I'll attempt. Justin and I have been married for seventeen years. I've known him longer than I've not known him. In those seventeen years there's been some really great times. There has also been some really difficult times too. We have had to actively welcome and work on love to keep it going at different phases of our marriage, instead of waiting for it to spontaneously happen. We know love takes work, and I love that. I love that we've had times that have made us re-discover what we love about each other. I love that the same guy that happily goes for walks with me, or will do a workout in the basement, is the same guy that I can rope into eating chocolate cake with me at midnight. I love that his tunes are my tunes. I love that he's got smooth moves. I love that he irons my scrubs for me in the morning. I love that he has big, burly man shoulders. I love that he loves my butt and tells me so daily. I love that we've learned how to talk about all the thoughts that bump around in our heads. I love that he is such a hard-worker. I love that he is learning humility. I love so, so much about him. But mostly I love that he is still here with me. Still trying, still working, still loving.

No comments: