One Saturday Justin and I were craving some of the soup, salad, and breadstick goodness from the Olive Garden. So we called up Justin's folks, Phil and Jody, to see if they wanted to join us and the girls for a little spontaneous lunch date. After we had stuffed ourselves silly, Phil and Jody asked us if we wanted to come hang out at their house for a little bit. Of course we couldn't resist! Maryn and Brynna are bananas about their Grammy and Gramps, so we would not be missing out on any hang out time! When we got to their house though, the girls got an even more fun surprise than just getting to hang out! Grammy told the girls not to peek and stay in the living room. Then she sneaked away into her bedroom, leaving us to wonder what was going on. When she reappeared she had new toys! Animal toys to be exact, which as far as my girls are concerned are the best there is! Jody said she knew we had just had Christmas, but that her friend had found an insanely awesome toy sale at Target and she couldn't resist! You will definitely never hear Maryn and Brynna complaining about getting surprised with new toys, spoiled little monkeys!
Maryn got a new 'Littlest Pet Shop' (her FAVORITE!!) frog with a diving board and lily pad jumping thingy. She was stoked! She already had two lizards, but this was her first LPS frog! Way to build up the amphibian collection! Gramps unfortunately discovered that breaking into Fort Knox would be seemingly easier than unwrapping toys these day! Note the look of concerned concentration on his face.
Brynnie got a set of 'Soda Pop Pets' which I had never heard of, but it was a huge hit! I think the main reason being it came with a bazillion teeny, tiny accessories. Pacifiers, bottles, blankets, and all sorts of stuff smaller than Brynn's fingernails. I remember when I was a kid, just loving that kind of itty-bitty stuff!
Maryn still excitedly waiting for Gramps to free her frog from it's cardboard prison. Can you tell she can't wait?!
Thanks for always being so good to our little ladies Grammy and Gramps! We love you!
1 comment:
so cute! I cannot believe just how tall the girls are getting!
Post a Comment