Friday, May 30, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I've been tagged by my friend Marcey! It was fun reading your responses girlfriend! Here’s mine…
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was getting ready to graduate from high school! You have no idea how ready I was to be DONE with it!
5 things on my to do list...
1. Fold a basket of laundry.
2. Iron itsy-bitsy baby clothes.
3. Plant some flowers in my boring front yard.
4. Go to Staples to get Maryn a big cork board for her wall.
5. Resist the urge to log on to Webkinz and play juvenile games. Maryn's got me sucked in!
5 Snacks...
1. Orange Creamsicles
2. Nature Valley Fruit N' Nut Granola Bars
3. Trader Joe's Schoolhouse Letter Crackers
4. Peanut M&M's
5. SunMaid Dried Plums
If I were suddenly a millionaire...
Oooh, I day dream about this kind of thing! Where's Ed McMahon when I need him?! I would definitely buy a great house. Nothing overboard and intimidating, but it would have a kick-a kitchen, awesome food storage room, a music room for a nice big piano (I don't play, but I would like my kids to), a sound-proofed, really awesome, home office for Justin because the poor guy can hear the girls loud and clear all day when he's working in the man pit in the basement. Also a must would be a nice big, flat yard with a swing set, cool tree complete with hammock, and room for a garden. (Like I said, can you tell I've thought about this?)
3 bad habits...
1. I'm a control freak, but with baby #3 on the way, I really am learning to just let things go.
2. I hate to fold laundry and am prone to let my clean laundry pile up, but as you can tell from my to-do list above, I'm trying really hard not to get back in that rut.
3. I can be pretty lousy at keeping in touch. I try, I really do, but sometimes even my best intentions fail.
5 places I have lived...
1. Hoffman Estates, Illinois
2. Vancouver, Washington
3. Camas, Washington
4. Marietta, Georgia
5. Canton, Georgia
5 jobs I have had...
1. Pizza Maker at Round Table Pizza
2. Receptionist at The Bronze Body Tanning Salon... ironic since I'm pasty.
3. Hostess at The Chart House... ironic since I don't like seafood.
4. Dental Assistant
5. Office Manager
5 things people don't know about me...
1. When I was 3 or 4 years old, I tried to save all the fallen autumn leaves in our front yard from imminent death by bottling them in hot water for the winter. But my mom made me dump them out though... leaf killer.
2. I had a dream on my sixteenth birthday that I was on the toilet and I peed the bed. What a way to wake up to sweet sixteen. Luckily that was the last time I've peed the bed.
3. When I was in Elementary School I would love to chew up all my saltine crackers on my lunch tray and hold them in my mouth and then swish it around with chocolate milk before swallowing the whole concoction. Don't ask, I was a weird kid.
4. I have to wash my feet before I go to bed. The thought of putting a dirty, been-walkin'-around-all-day foot in my sheets grosses me out.
5. I played the flute for four years, but only because my parent's really wanted me to. I used to fake playing during competitions when I was in Marching Band my Freshman year, because I hated Band and never learned my part. When my parents heard this, they finally consented and let me quit.

Well folks, that's it! This is where I am supposed to tag other people. But I know that a lot of you have already done this one, soooo this game is open to anyone reading! If you decide to be tagged, leave a comment letting me know so I can check your responses!

7 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Oh! I loved reading all about you! You'd have to wash your feet a lot here- we all seem to have permanently black feet from all the dust! Ha!

Seth & Courtney said...

I love the saltine and chocolate milk combo. So funny! And I remember that you played the flute. Do you remember the time we made dinner for someone as a personal progress experience? We did it together and used it for YW in Excellence. I still use that fettucine recipe and I was telling my YW about it the other day. Then instead of being inspired to do their personal progress, they asked if I'd make them some fettucine. Go figure.

Mrs. D said...

Oh, Sarah! I understand the feet thing, and I am sister in flute-dom! I haven't touched it for years!

Swangerlings said...

The sweet 16 thing really makes sense. I remember us all coming to your house on that morning all ready to whisk you away to the beach and we totally had to talk you into it. I can't believe how brave you are to admit what happened, but I think we all have to get to a point in our lives where we realize that we have to just laugh at ourselves.

Kelli said...

Ooh, I might have to steal this when I have some time. It was fun to learn a little about you.

Kristine said...

I laughed when I read about your bad habit of laundry... I am the worst at laundry! I also let the dirty clothes stack up as long as I can, then I finally wash it, the clean laundry stacks up, then I finally fold it, then the folded laundry stacks up on the dining room table, then after the family has almost all worn everything..... the process begins again! I officially suck at laundry.

Anonymous said...

When I was 3 or 4 years old, I tried to save all the fallen autumn leaves in our front yard from imminent death by bottling them in hot water for the winter. But my mom made me dump them out though... leaf killer. This is one of my favorite things ever!!! Because it has Maryn all over it! Your poor mom!