Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Catching Up

We've been busy bees since bringing Lauryn home from the hospital. We've had holidays, birthdays, lots of visitors and have been having a lot of fun. So here's some catching up! Maryn turned five on July 5th! Her Uncle Kevin was going to be heading back to Utah on her birthday and we wanted to be able to celebrate her special day with him. So on July 4th I was released from the hospital. We came home, invited all the family over, threw some hot dogs on the grill and celebrated Maryn's special day! I made her an ice cream cake before I went into the hospital knowing I probably wouldn't be up to baking the day I got home. It was so yummy! I've decided I might need to make those more often!
Maryn had wanted a 'My Little Pony' party, so you know she went ballistic when she opened up the giant Pinkie Pie Pony from Grammy and Gramps that sings, blinks, moves it's mouth and shakes it's tail and tutu! She got lots of other fun presents, but one of the other highlights was Nana and Papa's birthday gift to her! She got to go to Build-A-Bear workshop and get a new friend! She chose a black lab and named her Princess Pup. She had a blast!Brynnie and Daddy tagged along too while Lauryn and I caught up on some sleep. Justin, Nana, and Papa kept the girls busy all day between Build-A-Bear, going out to lunch, and going to the movies! The silence was blissful and Maryn and Brynna had a blast!
Aunt Krissy and Cousin Rocklin have been in town this week. Maryn and Brynna went over for a slumber party again at Grammy's house last night and came home with their hair braided, fingernails painted, and totally worn out from having a ton of fun! We're looking forward to getting some good girl time in this week!
My brother Steve also was able to sneak into town for a few days before heading to Florida for a dental conference. We loved getting to see him! The girls especially enjoyed roughhousing with him! They don't get too much of that and were totally eating it up! Steve pretended he was a crazy horse dubbed 'Big Brown' and was giving the girls wild rides all over the house! I think they wore him out but he was a good sport about it! We loved that Papa was able to join Nana for part of her trip out here. He incorporated business into his trip that kept him traveling all over the Southeast. Poor Papa was worn out! The girls didn't let him off too easy though. The messed with him by putting change on his forehead and shoes on his limbs when he fell asleep on the floor. It was funny, because Papa was totally unaware that he was so much fun, even while sleeping!
Even though he had to travel a lot, Papa was eating up the chance to spend any amount of time he could with his granddaughters! This picture was taken right before bed and Maryn was simply too grumpy for to sit up. Hmmm, maybe we should have stuck some nickels to her forehead!
The girls were making silly faces with Nana one morning. My mom has a contagious laugh and loves to find the funny side of things. It's been a hoot watching Brynna giggle with her about funny little things! Those two a a couple of peas in a pod!
Maryn's been giving us a bit of a run for our money lately. But seeing her happy, silly face gives me the strength to keep putting up with her curveballs! Ireally do just love that kidlet, drama and all.
And let's not forget our other smiley girl! Lauryn loves to give us big, heart-melting grins! The other day she was even smiling in her sleep! I just love that little ladybug!

9 comments:

hilla said...

Looks like you have had a ball lately! I'm impressed you have the energy for all this, having just had a baby. You look great, and she is absolutely gorgeous!! Such pretty coloring. Congrats.

Renee said...

What a whirlwind you have been through since Lauryn was born. WOW!!!! You go girl. Lauryn is to precious for words. She is beautiful, just like her sisters. You look great!!!!!

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

I am so glad that you have been so willing to host so many guests in your home. Steve had a great time and loved being able to see your girls. I cannot wait to hold her in December - she is just beautiful.

Lindsey said...

You are a superwoman! After I bring my kids home I am exhausted and count the minutes until my next nap. . .you have parties and tons of relatives! Amazing! You have three of the prettiest girls ever! They are just darling!

Seth & Courtney said...

What fun, fun, and more fun. I'm sure you're exhausted, but you make it look good! Lauryn is an angel. Some time we need to get our families together seeing how we are similarly settled in the South and I'd love for my boys to be friends with your darling girls. Plus how fun would it be to catch up! You look great and what a darling family! Congrats!!!

Jill said...

You look great! It was great to see pictures of your parents...its been a long time since I have seen them! Miss Lauryn is a doll!!

Swangerlings said...

Lauryn is so beautiful! You all look like your having a blast, it's so fun when your family is all together.

Vanessa said...

Wow, the years have really moved on since y'all left the ward! The girls are beautiful and when you left you were barely pregnant with #2. My how time flies. And I found your blog by following a trail, hope you don't mind! =)

Leah said...

I love that picture of Lauryn. Babies have such a peaceful beauty about them. How exciting for the girls to have all the family around to play with.