About a month ago, my Dad went in for a regular physical and the doctor found a lump in his neck. The doctor ordered an ultrasound that detected a mass about the size of a big walnut. This morning he went in for surgery and they removed the lump, and half of his thyroid. The mass was sent to a lab for testing, and we will know in about a week whether or not it is cancerous. The doctor said only about 10% of cases like this turn out to be cancerous, so we are hoping that all will be well with the results. I know as my Mom was here helping me after having Lauryn it was on her mind. I can't even express how much more I love her for being willing to be here to help me when I know her thoughts were on Dad's health.
My Mom said the surgery really went well and my Dad is now at home resting. Mom said that when Dad awoke from surgery his first thoughts were of all his Grandbabies. He was feeling thankful to be a Papa, and how blessed he is to have children and family to love. We in return love him so much and are thinking positive thoughts during his recovery. We will certainly be keeping him in our prayers this week as we wait for the results of his biopsy.
8 comments:
Your dad and family will be in my prayers too. Love ya!!!
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear that. I take care of patients that have had that kind of procedure done at the hospital. I'm on a surgical floor, so thats my forte. If they can catch it all they usually do pretty well.
My heart goes out to you guys right now. It is so hard to wait! I am sure everything will turn out fine and we will for sure keep your dad in our prayers. Keep us posted on the results!
Sarah, your poor Dad! I'm so glad the surgery went well. We will be praying for him and for your mom as well. Please let us know when you hear something.
Blessings,
Tina
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, my thought are with you. I know when my Dad had his heart attack it was an experience I'll never forget. I wish your family the best of luck and may God bless you.
To put it more bluntly..that sucks. Your dad is a great guy and I hope everything turns out benign. Your parents are in our prayers. What wonderful people they are!!
sarah mclean! this is hayley jones - remember me? when you had your baby, your mom emailed my mom a link to your blog... i've been quietly stalking you for a bit... just thought i'd reconnect finally! i hope your dad is ok, its pretty scary to have to worry about your parents, huh?!?
Just a few minutes ago we got a call from the doctor telling us the lab results were in, and the mass was found to be benign!!!!! Dad appreciates so much the kind wishes, and prayers. We both feel so blessed that things turned out positive, and at the same time we have a new appreciation for those who struggle with health problems. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts... they really sustained our hope while we were waiting to find out the results of the tests.
Post a Comment