Friday, September 5, 2008
And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'!
So in addition to my lovely kidney stone episode this week, I've also developed a really heinous sore throat. I haven't been able to swallow and eating and drinking have been really difficult. Not great for a nursing mom. I've been so thirsty, but it's been just too painful to drink! I thought it was probably strep throat. With both Maryn and Brynna in school now, I'm sure they are coming home with germs any petri dish would be proud to host. But when I went to the doctor today I discovered that I in fact dodged the strep throat bullet. However I discovered that instead I have giant, open, ulcers in the back of my throat! Ugh! What gives?! The doctor asked if I had scalded my mouth on something really hot. Confused as to why he would ask, I told him nope, nothing hot. He said the back of my throat looked traumatized like if I had fallen down and bloodied my knees. He said "Yeah, the ulcers are actually really big. Can you feel them?" Uh yeah! It's felt like I have a golf ball in my throat! So I guess that's why I haven't been able to swallow! I'm on a nasty antibiotic rinse until it can heal. Hopefully I can get past all this and JUST GET HEALTHY AGAIN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Girl, take it easy! Is this what three kids does to a person? :)
Holy crap! when it rains it pours!! And there is never any rest for sicky mamas. Good luck. I hope you're healthy soon.
I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Sore throats alone are awful, but man ulcers, OUCH.
Ouch, that sounds so painful! Rest up and hope you feel better very soon so you can enjoy that new baby.
The antibiotics are starting to help! HALLELUJUAH!!!
I hope you get to feeling better. . .we should just move in together. . .we could be the walking wounded. I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I have empathy for you!
We really hope that you are feeling better soon. Unfortunately moms don't get to just lay in bed.... too much to do - not easy when you are sick!
My goodness! I hope you are feeling much better?? Are throat ulcers the new diet plan? Maybe not! I had a kidney stone last year. It was one of the worst days of my life... all the pain of labor and NO happy ending.
Post a Comment