To Forrest, my little, pink shuffle, I can't tell you how glad I am that we've reconnected. You being right there by my side this morning made all the difference in the world. In fact it made me wonder how I ever worked out and found meaning in it before you came into my life. Thank you to all the wonderful people you've brought with you along the way... Snow Patrol, what a great way to welcome the flow of blood into my atrophied legs and get them warmed up. The steady, building beat gives me that feeling of energy and anticipation. You definitely get my eyes open.
To Death Cab and the Fray, you kept it going for me. You let oxygen fill my lungs and made me want to sing along. In fact I wondered if those around me would fall off their bikes, treadmills and ellipticals if I burst into loud, spontaneous song. I didn't, but I wanted too.
Ahhh, K.T., Paolo, Jimmy and the rest of the world you've eaten, you crazy OK Go guys, you're awesome. But I really start feeling it, really want to push it out and sweat when my boy Citizen Cope comes on. Man you and you're brother named Lee have a VIP spot in my shuffle at all times. Totally wouldn't be the same without you. With that said, the same goes for the Killers. You've already been introduced to my extreme fondness of them. These guys are where all the sweat happens.
On a calmer note, Frou Frou... no better way to bring my heart back into my chest and cool it down. Imogen, your voice is like rippleless water. Smooth, airy, yet grounded and totally clears my mind. To Mister Kearney, you were an acquired taste for me. But it's amazing how much I love you now. I feel what you sing and it makes me want to turn my face to the sun.
All of you made me reluctant to leave this morning. I wanted to linger, to do more. But I had this other life calling me back. The one where my brain can hardly process a thought. But I want you to know, it was the best 45 minutes I've ever had on a elliptical and I know I owe it all to you. See you again tomorrow.
P.S. Man I was really sad playlist didn't have Citizen Cope's 'Brother Lee' or Mat Kearney's acoustic 'Girl America'. They're total jams.
5 comments:
AMEN SISTA'! AMEN! Are you back at the Y?
That sounds so much better than what I am waking up to these days... ouch! Ugh!... you know how it is at the end! Rolling this big belly out of bed is a chore! LOL!
Oh, to want to work out again...sigh.
Here's my announcement post http://adventuresofmeg.blogspot.com/2008/09/hell-hath-frozen-over.html
And thanks!
Yes 'em you gotta LOVE the ipod!!! I charged mine up last night and loved it this AM at the gym. It really does make a difference on the cardio machines. Don't know why the heck I haven't been using it, so thanks for the inspiration.
Dad cracked me up so bad...I was reading him your blog and he said...Who is writing that???? Is that Sarah???? We're officially old. Peeps...shout outs... killers? What has happened to peaches???? We blame Justin :)
Post a Comment