Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wishing for Maggie

Maryn has been asking Justin and I for a dog for quite some time now. She even knows exactly what she wants, a chocolate poodle named Maggie. There has been some discussion about what a responsibility dogs are and not to mention the cost. I Googled chocolate poodles and those little things can run about $800. I told Maryn that we may not ever be able to get a chocolate poodle just because they are so expensive. She said she would save her money so that she could help Mom and Dad buy her. I figured that bought us a couple years, since her income comes in quarters and dimes. But then the other night before bath, she came to me and said "Mom, I've got it all figured out! All I have to do is ask Santa to bring me Maggie and then it won't even cost ANY money!" I just wanted to squeeze her because I love her tenacity, but what the heck am I supposed to say to that?!

7 comments:

Swangerlings said...

Aren't kids great?! They are quite smart, ha,ha...by the way, you DON'T want a poodle, we always had them.

KatSpy said...

In a few years (when you can save up), when she begins to question the magic of Christmas, 'Santa' brings Maggie. At least, that is how it worked for us. Those have been the most memorable...for us.

Barb McLean said...

Wouldn't it be great if all of our wishes could come true? I love how Maryn is ALWAYS thinking...in fact I dont think her mind...or body for that fact ever rests. If, on a Christmas morning someday off in a future, Maggie makes her debut please let me be there to witness it!

McBairdFamily said...

The kids begged for several years for a dog and finally last Christmas there wish was granted and Tessa joined our family. Sad to say that by August she was part of someone elses family. She was a good idea in theory but reality struck us hard. Seriously, a dog is a lot of work. I have come to terms with it though. Just because we aren't animal people it doesn't make us bad people. Right? Maybe you should talk to Maryn about the joys of poop, shedding, chewing up toys, etc. etc.

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

We deal with the same wishes! My boys want a dog VERY bad.. me. not so much!

Kelli said...

Oh, soooo cute of her to have it all planned out. I always wondered what I was going to say to Ewan when he inevitably asks why we give toys to underprivileged kids when there's a Santa to do it. Anyway, maybe you could find a chocolate poodle mix that looks a lot like the real thing...?

Anonymous said...

She is a little smartie she so has it figured out!