
My Mom and Dad sent me some fun money for my birthday. So I decided to go on the look out for something that I would really like, but probably wouldn't normally buy for myself since I'm well... cheap. Then tonight I found something that appeases both sides of me, the cheapskate and the girl that wants fun, cute things. I found this Etsy shop called 'My Little Budget Book'. For awhile I was doing the Dave Ramsey Cash Envelope system, but then got lazy and reverted to using my debit card more. It's easier to nickel and dime your way into cheating your budget when you use debit or credit cards, so I decided that I need to get back to using the cash envelopes. But let's face it, paper envelopes getting all wrinkled up in your purse aren't that cute. Plus nothing says sophistication like digging out said wrinkled, paper envelopes at the grocery store, digging through your different categories trying to find your 'Grocery' envelope. Enter into scene these dang cute cash envelope system organizers. I love them! The picture above is actually not the pattern I picked, but I still like it! Mine must be one of a kind, because after I purchased it I couldn't find it's big picture anymore! I only had this tiny, little picture on my order summary.
It's really cute, it has oranges and greens and will look awesome popping out of my beloved leather, satchel bag my Mom got me as a birthday gift a few years ago. The best part is is that the cuteness won't clean out all the cash from your organizer. I picked up mine for just $14.95, which is actually $5.00 cheaper than the plain-jane ones on Dave Ramsey's website. So I feel spoiled and still have fun money left over! I can't wait for it to show up in my mailbox! Thanks Mom & Dad, I love you guys! 
It's really cute, it has oranges and greens and will look awesome popping out of my beloved leather, satchel bag my Mom got me as a birthday gift a few years ago. The best part is is that the cuteness won't clean out all the cash from your organizer. I picked up mine for just $14.95, which is actually $5.00 cheaper than the plain-jane ones on Dave Ramsey's website. So I feel spoiled and still have fun money left over! I can't wait for it to show up in my mailbox! Thanks Mom & Dad, I love you guys! 
7 comments:
SO cute!! Good timing too because just this afternoon I was going thru my (now) crusty white envelopes and filling them with cash. Even the one Dave offers (which we have but have yet to put to use in place of the old envelopes) is just plain brown....BORING! Looks like I'm going to save up my pennies and get one of these CUTE cash pockets like you got!!! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and glad you are back on using the cash system. It took a little bit of getting used to for me, but now I KNOW it saves us money. YEAH for saving money and YEAH for Dave!
I'm totally getting one of these!! So cute! I love those cute Etsy shops. I did a lot of Christmas shopping on that site. JD and I started Ramsey last week. It was weird to pay for stuff with cash. The cash actually made me pay attention to the prices of the things that I was buying and sticking strictly to my list. It's going to be a good thing for us. I did have some temptations to spend this past week but I held strong. I hope next week goes well.
Ditto on the parallel lives thing...Brett and I have been Dave Ramsey loyalists for a couple years now. He's totally changed our financial lives which then "snowballed" into other great life changes (as i'm sure you've discovered). Ah, a healthy wallet makes a healthier and less-stressed mind.
We've never actually done the envelope system per se, we just keep little books to record all our spending and then put it in our master spreadsheet periodically. My "little red book" never leaves my purse!
Keep up the good work. It's so rewarding.
So cute! I am so glad that you bought something fun for YOURSELF that you normally would not. I think that we all need that sometimes because it is a something just for us because we do so much for everyone else. You work so hard for your family you deserve it!
This is SO cute! We are cash only folks too. Even if we weren't there is only a couple stores in our city that even take a credit card and the grocery store is not one of them. Weird, huh? We have our white envelopes stashed in an obscure place in the hopes that if someone broke in they wouldn't find our $$.
ANYWAYS!! You really didn't want to hear me babbling, did you?
Oh, You did buy all my baskets at my garage sale! LOL! I've slowly been replacing them all because apparently I have a serious addiction!
Happy belated birthday hugs!! Mwah!
Good for you! I wish I had half your discipline. The etsy organizer is a great idea and cute to boot! Glad you are having a little fun with the b-day moo-lah. I miss you sugar!
Awe, that was such a sweet post:) Thank you so much! Seriously, I would love to send you a Vinyl one and we could do it as a product review & also do a giveaway on your blog for your readers:) Let me know if you would like to do that! :)
-Julie
www.mylilbudgetbook.blogspot.com
Post a Comment