Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Un-Obesessed Assortment

It's no secret that I don't blog as much as I used to. I know it's bad when my family calls me up and tells me "I know you're busy, but what happened to the blog?" I had considered a hiatus, to take any or all of the mental nagging about how crappy I've gotten at it away. But truthfully, it used to be one of my favorite things to do. So even if it's not as often as it used to be, I'm gonna stick with it! I've decided to turn the corner in my brain and just relax about it and not worry if some pictures have red eyes or if posts are cohesive or even worth reading for that matter! So here it is folks, a random, un-obsessed-over assortment of what I've been up to!Maryn has been back to school for a few weeks. She is loving first grade and her teacher Mrs. Turner. Justin and I share at least one amazed look a day at how fast she is growing up. Just some of the things she does and says make us laugh. We're becoming fully aware that all of our little kids are on the road to becoming big kids and it's weird!
Award for awesome aunt and uncle go to Aaron and Megan for sure! Last Saturday they came and got all the girls and took them to Build-a-Bear and out to lunch! They had SO much fun! Lauryn was freaked out by the animals and didn't want one. But Maryn happily welcomed a horse named Angelina into her menagerie of stuffed animals. Brynna had a family reunion for Coco and brought home his cousin, a monkey named JoJo! Thank you SO much Aaron and Megan!!! You guys rule!
After my previous post, I tried my hand at one of these bad boys myself and thought it turned out very cute. I only spent $3.99 on it because I used fabric and embellishments I already had kicking around my house. My sister-in-law Kristen inspired me to channel my inner craftiness and I must admit, it was fun!
Brynna started Preschool on Wednesday and LOVES it! It makes me so happy to see her joyful and excited about her days. With me working all summer, it got a little boring around here for the kids. So I'm ecstatic to see them with places to go and people to see!
My big four-year old! It's wild to think we started going to Canton First United Methodist Preschool with Maryn when Brynna was a newborn and now it's already her last year. Weird!

She was so exhausted after such a good time one day she came home and curled up in a laundry basket and fell asleep. It was pretty funny! At least we know she's getting her energy out!

Last but not least, this little nugget. I just love this kid like crazy! She is growing up SO fast too and looking more like a big kid every day! I could just eat, eat , eat her UP!

Other non-picture related updates, Justin has been a busy, busy boy doing freelance gigs and revitalizing his business Georgia Hoops. I'm really proud of him. It's good seeing him with that spark back in his eye.

I'm still working at the Oral Surgeon's and things are going great there. Now that schools back in, the work schedule is working great. The kids are at school and Lauryn is taking her morning nap while I'm gone, so it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on so much. We all reconnect about the same time every day, so that's nice.

My friend Laura (who just had her baby three weeks ago, by the way) challenged me to do p90x with her and Justin said he's on board too. So I'm mentally gearing up to sweat baby! We start on Monday and I'm excited at the thought of working out again and stretching out my atrophied muscles. Anyhoot, kids are climbing up the walls! Gotta scoot and put my little animals to bed. Justin and I have a hot date with the couch and the season premiere of 'Project Runway' tonight! Yeah baby!

4 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

1. Yeah, you're back!! Who cares if you only blog every now and then...as long as we get to see pictures of the cutest girls on the planet every now and then that's OK.
2. How fun for Brynna that she is in preschool now! I bet she loves it and can only imagine what a ham she is in her class.
3. Maryn's looking so cute in that first picture...and CUTE shoes she has on!
4. The cash $ holder thing you made turned out adorable!!
5. I want to squeeze Lauryn to pieces!!!!!
6. I've decided to watch Project Runway this season so I can chat with you about it. I'm already over Crystal Meth addict guy.

Love ya!!

Sarah Young said...

Kristen, amen about the nah-nee, nah-nee ice head! (bit of dog the bounty hunter humor for you!) I don't do copious amounts of ridiculous crying!

Kristine said...

I COMPLETELY understand how you are feeling about the whole blog thing.. maybe my ADD is kicking in.. but I have lost almost all interest in doing blog posts lately. Turns more into a "TO Do" - then an enjoyment anymore :( I still have 4 "To Do'".. I hate it! I will get around to them eventually.. I guess? I don't even look at blogs anymore.. maybe need to find another new love :) Glad to see you guys are back on schedules and doing good!

Jen Nagel said...

Sounds like you're trying out my blogging style!! No worries, we'll take what you can give.

Oh yeah, Project Runway baby! There's actually a contestant from Blackfoot, ID this year...just about 20 minutes from here.