Sunday, October 11, 2009

Perspective

Man, today was just what I needed. First of all, thanks to my gals who commented after my last post. It is that kind of love and support that has kept me kickin' over the past year. I am so blessed. Last night my amazing in-laws had the girls for a slumber party. Justin was out late last night with basketball games, so we didn't get to see each other or talk most of the day. But when we woke up this morning, the house was quiet. We were able to lay in bed and talk to each other about what was in our heads and in our hearts. Lately we have had differing visions for our future and what we want in terms of career moves. It was killing me... absolutely killing me. But through some miracle of God and I know many prayers that we laid there in bed, looked each other in the eyes and were absolutely, 100% on the same page. Our views had somehow overnight merged into one. I was shocked that suddenly we were expressing the same wants and needing the same things. We laid there and made plans and when I got up, it wasn't with the drudgery of another day. I actually felt a glimmer of some skip in my step, I could see hope rising over the horizon and I was reminded again, for about the 50 millionth time that Heavenly Father loves me and hasn't forgotten about or abandoned me.

7 comments:

kidding...right? said...

I just read both of your recent posts. I just have to tell you how awesome I think you are. You inspire me every time I read your blog or hear you bare (is that the right spelling?) your testimony. You're an amazing person. I'm totally impressed that you've started your little divvy side business. You rock! I wish we could all find a time that would work for us to run together. I'm telling you... running and chatting is such good therapy!! I'm glad you had a good morning and you guys are on the same page with your future. I hope it includes staying here!!

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

That last comment was me, I deleted it because it said Nick. I just love you and knew that you would come out on the other side of this! I can't wait to talk to you!!!

P.S. YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!

Nick said...

Oh I forgot to put my name on it again...The last comment is me Laura, obviously, not Nick!:)

KatSpy said...

That is great news! Hope this dreary day doesn't derail your brightness of hope! You will get through this. My mom used to validate me when I would tell her of my hardships. She would say that I was truly in some of the harder times of life as a young mother. A 'young' mother who is working and managing her home and family is not easy. Hang in there. I totally have faith that through your adversities you will become EVEN better. You are way wonderful now and will just keep getting better. {hugs}

Tracy E said...

Sarah, Reading these comments, you have such great friends that see all you wonderfulness in full. I am so happy for you to have that support in the tougher times here. Hang in there, you are the best.

Melysa said...

I'm so happy for you. You truly are an inspiration... amazing! Can I be like you when I grow up?

And, I love my Divvy! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!