Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oh the Memories...



Justin was working on his computer in the Dining Room and this song came up on rotation. Talk about a total flashback! This song was like the anthem to my Freshman year in high school.
Random memories...

*Playing this song over and over until my friends were like "Uh, are you okay?!" It was just that good!

*My first "boyfriend" Ricky, the Asian dude who didn't floss. His gums were inflamed...I was a dental nerd before I was even a dental nerd. (I am going to say not a real boyfriend though in retrospect, even though we were 'going out.' We did not even kiss, we got sweaty palms just holding hands!)

* My friend Desiree and I thinking we could have our own girl band with our friend Renee named "Sarenidee" (as in our names fused together....I don't even sing people. What we were thinking? I don't know, the Spice Girls had taken over the world!)

*I remember being threatened to being arrested for shoplifting because I ate ONE of those sugar-covered, jelly orange slice things out of the bulk container at Cub Foods.

*I remember auditioning for the school play for the part of the maid...I freaked out and lost my Irish accent mid-audition and didn't get the part and then promptly swore I was never putting myself out there ever again.

*I remember the trombone players behind me in band class (my parents made me do it, don't judge) asked me if I wanted to "smoke a bowl" with them. I had no idea what they were talking about and thought it was one of those mean, freshman hazing things upperclassmen do. (No I didn't do it!)

*I remember one of my friends was dating the guy I had had a secret crush on in the 7th Grade and she was telling me about how they had 'done it' on her parent's bed. I was sitting in History class completely traumatized that my middle school crush; sweet, geeky Garth Gehlen was 'doing it' and on my friend's parent's bed. Sick!

*I remember having a total crush on my friend Annie's older brother Will and would love it when he would drive me home from school in his yellow, VW Bug playing "Low Rider" on the radio. I thought we were so cool.

*I remember asking a cowboy in Horticulture class if it was true that Wranglers (they wore them SO tight!) could lower your sperm count because the "boys" were snuggled up too close and got overheated. He freaked out and chewed me out in front of the whole class. I was like "What?! I am not trying to be mean! It's an honest question!"

*I remember being a Teacher's Assistant in the Attendance Office third period and sitting at the window humming "Better Than Ezra" songs to myself thinking it would be really cool to have a lot of t-shirts from different concerts...

*I remember the lunch room had this chicken sandwich thing that you could slather with Thousand Island dressing and it was pretty much the nectar of the gods. I could have eaten two or three every day! (But I didn't, but I could have!)

Alright enough memory lane, because this could go on all night. But its crazy what one little song sparked in my little, ol' brain tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love that guys name..Garth Ghalen or whatever it was. Sounds like every girls' secret crush kind of a name! :) You have an awesome memory...maybe your memories will kick start my brain! My memory is horrible. Probably because I hung out with the trombone guys too much! :) (And Candlebox ROCKS!)

Sarah Young said...

LOL!!! Sara, you crack me up!

Christy Jett said...

Sarah,
Just found your blog! I will have to add to my regular reads. I love your sweet little family. I had a birthday countdown in December on Facebook for songs that reminded me of Highschool and Candlebox was on the list of course!!

Hope you all are doing well.
Christy Jett