Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We took the girls to the walking trail to ride their bikes yesterday. I was all excited to get pictures because Maryn has been working at it and is pedaling a lot better. BUT, when I turned the camera on to take a picture of her it wasn't working! Ugh, technology! So sorry folks, no fun pictures! I'll have to figure out what it's malfunction was!

Justin and I have decided that we are the most low-key New Year's revelers ever. Low-key or boring, however you want to interpret it! The girls both said they wanted to go to bed at 7:15 which I thought was awesome! However it didn't quite work out that way because Maryn kept popping in and out of her room for a long time asking questions and basically stalling, even though the early bedtime was her idea! (Usually my kids are pretty good about the whole bedtime thing!) Then Brynna came into my room at 1:30 in the morning after I'd fallen asleep and had dug a Slim-Fast out of the fridge and as wide awake as could be, said she wanted some chocolate milk! Luckily she settled for a sip of water and went back to bed!

Anyways, after both little monkeys had fallen asleep earlier, Justin and I just sat on the couch and drank a cream soda and ate Almond Joys. We vegged out in front of the t.v., snuggling and compromising between 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' (I love, Justin HATES!!!) and football. Finally midnight arrived and we watched the ball drop in Times Square. I actually almost missed the ball drop because at 11:58, yours truly was losing her chips and dip in the bathroom. I told Justin that I hope that there will be no more of that in 2008 and that I've left all that sicky stuff in 2007! Here's to hoping folks! We are looking forward to all the new things this New Year will bring, including Baby Young! It should prove to be a busy one for the ol' Young family! We hope it is a happy, healthy, & prosperous New Year to all of you too!

3 comments:

Melanie Rossi said...

That made me crack up because I love Jon and Kate and jared hates it! i hope your throw-ups stop in 2008 too!

Lindsey said...

Oh - Jon and Kate plus 8 is my absolute favorite. Mike thinks she is so mean but I know I would be the exact same way if I had that many kids! Hope you feel better in 2008.

Traveling Mama said...

Have I been away too long? What is Jon and Kate plus 8? I hope you left the sickies in 2007 too! Just keep telling yourself it will be worth it... at least that worked for me!