Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Falling Down

Late Wednesday afternoon we had a very unexpected surprise! The girls woke up from their naps and looked out the window to find big, fat, fluffy snowflakes floating down from the sky. Maryn let out a squeal and ran around the house yelling "It's snowing in Georgia! It's snowing in Georgia!" It was really starting to stick and I figured by morning we would be in a winter wonderland. So I started making dinner, putting off going out and playing in it, assuming we'd get some great playtime and snow pictures in the morning after it had snowed all night. Luckily for me, Justin and the girls didn't want to wait until morning. Justin grabbed the camera and the girls grabbed their coats.
Maryn wanted to take a picture too! Say "Cheese!" Dad!
During the night, the falling snow had turned to rain. By morning the three inches of snow we went to bed to was all gone. So much for me and my ideas about that awesome, winter wonderland snowday! I'm glad Justin seized the moment and let his girls play, frolic, and catch snowflakes on their tongues while they could. Maybe we'll be able to make that elusive snowman another year!

3 comments:

Barb McLean said...

Snow in Georgia... Awesome! Looks like Justin still has some boy in the man! We hope it keeps raining, snowing and bringing whatever liquid the sky has to offer in Georgia. You need it, even if all it does is bring a fun filled day for a daddy and his girls!

Lindsey said...

Send them out to us - we can give them their fill of snow fun!

Traveling Mama said...

I heard about the "big" snowstorm. I heard it was snowing again over the weekend too. Fun, fun!