Monday, May 26, 2008

Brynna's Big Day!

Well, it's official! Our Miss Brynna Grace is three years old! We have had such a fun day today! Starting when Brynna and Maryn scooted down the stairs at 6:30 am. I was already laying in bed awake, like a kid on Christmas morning, waiting for her to wake up! They came running into our room and I squealed "Happy Birthday Brynna!" probably much to Justin's chagrin since he was exhausted from his trip to Raleigh over the weekend. I couldn't help it! The girls giggled and squealed and jumped up in bed with us for a good snuggle. I told Brynnie about the day she was born before we all got up. It's wild to think that it really was three years ago. My how time flies!

One of the traditions in our house for birthdays is that you get to go to the grocery store and get all the stuff that mom never usually lets you get! So Brynna and Daddy set out and bought a bunch of balloons, doughnuts, and chocolate milk! Yum! Whenever we go to the store and the girls see the balloon displays and doughnut cases and want it, I always say "When it's your birthday, you get whatever you want!" So the fact that today Brynnie actually got to get those fun things was something special!

We also decided to have Grammy, Gramps, Kevin, and the Alley's over to celebrate by grilling out. We porked out on grilled chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, chips, and veggies. Thanks to Justin slaving over a hot grill, it was delicious! Then we proceeded to open presents, which made me realize, yet again, just how spoiled and loved my children are. Thank you to everyone who helped make Brynna's day so special! We just love you all!

I've decided Maryn has enjoyed Brynna's birthday every bit as much as Brynna has! All these fun, new things to play with! Holy Cow!
What could this be?! New 'Littlest Pet Shops' from Megan & Aaron! YAY!
Brynna and Justin, like I've said before, are two peas in a pod. Brynna loves to pretend that she is typing on a laptop just like Daddy. She'll use anything, but usually she'll flip open my eyeglass case and pretend that's her laptop. So Justin and I decided to get her a 'real' one! She loved it! She got a toy cell phone from Maryn today as well. She was gabbing on that and typing on her laptop after the party. I shook my head and thought now her and Justin REALLY are alike!
I mean really, how stinkin' cute are those two?!

Brynna opening her present from Nana & Papa! What could it be?!

Princess Dresses!!! How fancy! You know that one just had to be put on right away! Again, it's a good thing there was two, so the peace could be kept and Miss Maryn could borrow a bit of Sis' new found glamour!

Grammy and Gramps got Brynnie a new set of table and chairs for the girls' little playhouse! No more drinking tea over a Rubbermaid bin with a tablecloth over it thank you very much, they're proper little ladies now!

Well... not exactly! Brynna's throwing that tea back like a drunken sailor. But at least the beautiful tea set Aunt Kristine found in Poland is still proper and dainty!

Nick, Laura, Thatcher and Max got Brynna this cute, little cash register. It is the only reason I am able to blog right now during daylight hours! Seriously, both Maryn and Brynna have been playing with this little beauty for about two and a half hours! I'm totally not lying! They take turns, one being the customer and the other being the grocery lady! Laura, I could kiss you for that one! Thanks again to everyone who made our little lady's day so special! We love you!

9 comments:

Swangerlings said...

I think it is almost more exciting as a parent to celebrate your children's birthdays. It's like your a kid again and you get all wrapped up in the moments of the day and it is just a blast! I love my kid's birthdays, it's a good thing you have a whole year to recooperate from them because there are no hold backs, it's all for them and only them.

Renee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYNNA!!!!! I can't believe how big you are getting. Looks like you guys had a blast, and what yummy food. I love the idea of letting them get whatever they want at the grocery store. I let my kids have whatever they want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That was my tradition when I was a kid and I have continued it on with my kids. They love to feel special, even if it is cereal for dinner. they think that is the best, because it is usually sugar cereal. Which they are not allowed to have very as often as they like.

hilla said...

Sounds like a girl that loves all things girly! Happy Bday to Brynna! Love the laptops! :) Kids these days huh?

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Happy Birthday to Brynnie!! It looks like you guys had a great time! And how cute is the picture with Brynna and Justin on their laptops! And by the way...nice work on the cake, it looks scrumptious!!!!

Mrs. D said...

Yes, the cake looks awesome, and I love the perspective you got for that photo! You have the most beautiful little girls. I can see so much of you AND Justin in them! And I love your tradition of letting them get all the naughty things they want at the grocery store. I think we may adopt that one! Happy Birthday, Brynna!

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday Brynna! I love all of the ideas for our next birthdays. I really love the idea of the laptop - brilliant! Brynna is getting all grown up - she will be such a great big sister.

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun little party thanks for the invite! The BBQ was delicious! And your inlaws are awesome, it was fun to hang out with them!

I am glad that the cash register was a hit. I always wanted one so I thought why not!

PS Nick does not like potato salad but he loved yours!!! You are a great cook, I have yet to have anything I didn't like!

Melanie Rossi said...

That cake looks so yummy!!

Kelli said...

Happy (late) birthday, Brynna! It's a good day for a birthday, and gotta love that it fell on a nice holiday.