Friday, May 9, 2008

Feelin' the Love!

Ahh, my prego sympathizers! The girls stuffed their shirts with pillows so I wouldn't feel like the only belly-heavy one there!

I think I have the best calling ever at church! I get to serve in the Young Women's organization and my ward has by far the best women and girls I've ever served with in all my many years in the Young Women's program. Tonight they were so wonderful and really showed me and little Lauryn the love by throwing me a fun baby shower! We played games, scarfed down some very yummy snacks, hung out, and they even made Lauryn the cutest blanket! While I've loved being able to spend more time with my kids, I really missed getting to see all my awesome Young Women on Mutual nights! So tonight really was a lot of fun! Thank you so much Cinda, LuAnn, Kathleen, Jackie, and all you awesome girls! I just love you!

We played the game where you guess which candy bar is melted in the diaper! It was hilarious! Some of the girls tasted the candy, ewww gross! I'm sorry, I've changed way too many diapers in my day to ever lick one, chocolate or not!

I did sniff it though!

Mary Cate won the pack the diaper bag challenge. I loved her attention to detail! Girl you can pack my diaper bag any day!

Kathleen had found out that Lauryn 's nursery was flowers and bumblebees, so she made this adorable cake! I just loved it!

There were so many yummy snacks! Even though I had just eaten dinner, I couldn't resist, I had to try all of it! Hey there has to be some perks to pregnancy, right?!

On top of all the fun, they sent me home with some wonderful gifts! I really do feel totally blessed by how good they all were to me! I love you guys, thanks for making me feel so special!

7 comments:

KatSpy said...

The feeling is mutual. We love you and think you are soooooooo awesome! I'm getting excited for little Lauryn to get here too. It will be fun to hold a fresh spirit from Heaven.

Renee said...

It looked like you guys all had a blast. Jessica sure does love, respect and cherish you as one of her leaders. You do an awesome job. Lauren,Maryn, & Brynn are blessed to have such an awesome mom.

Traveling Mama said...

How great!! Looks like so much fun! You look fantastic! The cake is adorable!

Barb McLean said...

How fun! I recognized some of the girls faces from when I went to YW with you. That was so sweet of them to surprise you! Can you believe that you only have 2 months left? Crazy!

Lindsey said...

How nice of them to throw that little shower for you. You look so cute for only having two months left!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweat! What a fun Young Womens we have! I can't believe you only have 2 months left. I sometimes forget you are pregnant...you are such a good pregnant person, and even though you probably want to complain you never do you are awesome! I am so excited to meet little Lauryn.

Swangerlings said...

Isn't it fun to be spoiled? Every baby deserves to be celebrated and it makes it more special and memorable. I want to say that you have the calling that I've always wanted! Someday I hope I will work with the Young Women program. I'm sure you are wonderful for the job, kids need a rock nowadays, someone who knows who they are, where they are going and what they believe in and that has always been you. You look so pretty with your little prego belly, I'm so excited for your family, it is getting so close, she will be here before you know it and you will think, where did the time go?