Monday, May 12, 2008

Lucky Me!

Being Mom to these two faces is one of the best things in the world!

My mom had said at one point, that Mother's Day to her was right up there with Christmas on her list of favorite holidays. It seemed like such a small, quietly celebrated holiday to me. How could it be her favorite? I didn't get it in years past, but now I do.

I've said it a million times, being a parent is tough work. The most humbling thing I've ever done. Oftentimes the insane workload, worry, and sacrifice that go into being a Mom go seemingly unnoticed... until Mother's Day. Sunday was so wonderful for me. Not because it was picture perfect from start to finish, but because the people I love the most and have dedicated my life to, took the time to stop and let me know how much I'm appreciated.

Justin had to be at a tournament in Atlanta that day. Bummer. But rather than staying downtown again like he had the night before, he made the trek home for me. He wanted to make sure that even though he couldn't spend the whole day with me, that I would get some of my favorite things on my special day before he had to leave. So at 7:00 am before he scooted out of the house, he woke me with a tray of warm Eggs Benedict and my favorite orange juice. He also had worked with the girls to make me cards and gotten me my favorite roses. I love that man. Then after I finished, he took the tray and told me to go back to sleep and left me with a kiss. Right after he left Maryn and Brynna came scooting down the stairs, so no more sleep for me. But I was so in love with my husband and children at that point that it was okay. Who needs extra sleep anyways?!

I love, love, love multi-colored rose bouquets! Justin did good, these ones are gorgeous!

At church I got a happy tear in my eye as I watched Maryn scoot up front to sing with the rest of the Primary children to their mothers. There really is nothing sweeter. Then after church the girls ran to me after their classes with hands full of little gifts of love for their Momma. I keep a box in my closet of gifts made on Mother's Day by their tiny hands. They are those sweet reminders of why I do what I do as a parent. I see all the commercials for extravagant Mother's Day gifts on t.v., but honestly nothing is better than those little handmade gifts! Although, Justin did do pretty good. He was going to surprise me with a new computer, but couldn't find the right one before Sunday. So tonight Aaron and Megan came over to watch the girls for us so Justin and I could get some much needed time together. We went to one of our favorite places, Bahama Breeze and then went and bought a new computer for me! Hooray, no more blogging hiatus! What can I say folks, I am one very blessed, very lucky lady! I hope all of you other Mommas out there felt the same way!

All my fun I love you's!

Maryn made this for me at school. It's one of those keep forever items! I loved the way she filled in the blanks to the questions! She said things like I'm 60 years old and 30 ft. tall. She also said she's a happy kid because I have soft skin. Ahh, happiness is all in proper moisturizing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back I am so glad that you are back! You do have such a sweet husband, but mostly because he has such an amazing wife!

Anonymous said...

Opps, I LOVE Maryn's haircut...your good!!!

Traveling Mama said...

I think you are SO right! Those handmade gifts are priceless! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Renee said...

I agree with you handmade gifts are the best. I have a box that Jessica nad Hunter made for me for Mother's day out of a shoebox and auluminum foil. It is to cute. I keep all of my mothers day stuff in it. I am glad you are able to be back in the computer world. Way to go Justin.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

SWEET - a new computer?! That is awesome! Now I can have you back. :) And Maryn's hair is so adorable. You'll have to post more pictures of it soon so that we can see a better view of it. It was SO fun seeing you guys!

Melanie Rossi said...

Justin did good with breakfast, I don't think most husbands would take the time if they were having to leave so early so that's awesome!

Cathleen said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's day. Glad to hear the blogging machine is up and running again.
I love those "fill in the blank" cards the kids do when they are little at school. We have had some real classics come home over the years...where do they get this stuff?? It is funny to get a glimpse of their perception and how it differs from reality. Keep up that moisturizing....whatever it takes to keep them happy!

Lindsey said...

So cute! Your girls are beautiful!!! What gorgeous flowers! Your husband knows how to pick them. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!