Friday, May 16, 2008

Sister Love!

It was so much fun having Kristen, Adam B., and little Rocklin in town from Arizona for the wedding. Kristen and Rocklin were able to stay a little bit longer and play, which I was very happy about! It was the first time I've seen Kristen since she had Rocklin. It was so much fun seeing her as a Mom! Rocklin and Kristen are dually blessed because Kristen is an awesome Momma and Rocklin is quite possibly the best baby I have ever been around! (Seriously folks, what an awesome baby!) I loved getting to hold him and hear his little baby coos. It made me start to get really excited for the birth of Lauryn, because my time with Rocklin was the reminder I was needing that babies are not all hard work, they really are such a blessing too.

Being around Kristen was also so much fun as always. We had fun going out to lunch, talking about recipes, purse shopping, and just hanging out. Kristen is good for me because she is a fun, girly-girl and sometimes I need to be reminded how much fun getting your toenails painted and purse shopping is! I remember one of the first things Justin told me back in the day when we started dating was how much I would love his sister. He was right. We both grew up in the midst of a pack full of boys and somehow lived to tell. Not having a sister growing up, I always felt like I missed out on something. So I have loved being able to gain one through marriage that I love the way I would any real sister. Kristen is one of the most thoughtful, fun, genuine and real people you will ever meet. I feel so blessed that along with all those rough and tumble Young boys who I just love so much, I also got that sister I always wanted!

2 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

What a sweet shout out! You know I feel the exact same about you. And I think we're so lucky to now have Megan join our fun sisters-club!!! :)

Renee said...

Sister's are the best. I have three great sister in laws on Dougs side of the family. There are 8 of them, but three (which are actually dougs sisters) are the best. I love them like my own sister. I have one sister who I love to death. She needs me as much as I need her.