Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Silence
My wonderful, amazing mother-in-law, Jody invited the girls over for a slumber party at Grammy's last night. Justin has been in California on business and Jody thought it would be nice for us to be able to sneak out on date and have some quiet time without our little monkeys. I must say, the girls LOVE going to Grammy's! I love the alone time with my man and the break from the cuckooness of motherhood. But it is so weird when I wake up in the morning because the house is so darn quiet! There is no one inches from my face demanding breakfast as soon as my eyes open. I woke up about 6:15 and made myself lay there and doze until 7:30 just because I could, darn it! Finally I had to get up though, I couldn't lay there any longer. When I came upstairs to check my e-mail and saw their little beds were empty and still made and it was again, so weird! I think as mothers we are so used to our job being a 24/7 gig, that when we actually do get a break, it's kind of like you don't know what to do with yourself! I've been wandering around the house feeling torn between relishing the silence and missing the sounds of my kids. I think I'll stick with relishing the silence though. The girls will be back soon enough and in full volume again as usual and I'll be wishing for yet another slumber party at Grammy's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Enjoy the silence!! I just spoke to my Mom (I had to call and tell her that I nominated Kevin online to be the next "Bachelor" for that show) anyway - Mom said they had a great time at Grammys!
Girl take the silence while you can. Once baby Lauren gets here, you are going to treasure the silence times even more. You deserve some time alone with your hubby!!! Make the best of it. Your monkeys will be back soon enough.
You have the best mother-in-law!!! Can she be my proxy mother-in-law:) That is one thing I do miss about Utah, Family they are the best! I am so glad you were able to enjoy some alone time with the hubby watching DISNEY movies:) Thanks for letting me talk you ear off today, it was fun!
Okay, so I don't know how this feels because I am obviously not a mother and I won't be for a long time. But I can't help and comment about Kristen's comment because after I read it I could not stop laughing for the life of me! I hope she is being dead serious about mominating Kevin! I am an addict of that show and I have been since day one. Kevin is PERFECT! Honestly. All I have to say is, he has my vote. Holy cow, that would be the day!
Isn't it bittersweet? Sometimes I want a break and then when I get one, I actually get lonely. Weird. Way-to-go, Grammy!! :)
I don't know who had more fun...The girls or ME !!!
Aunt Jody is awesome!
It does feel so weird when they aren't around. Whenever they go anywhere without me or Bryce, I actually get a little teary about it. And then I wander the house thinking, "Do I sleep? Clean? Read? Watch TV? WHAT DO I DO?"
I'm with you- the silence is almost a little too weird for me. It probably doesn't help that we've never really had family nearby, so the kids have almost always been at home at night with us. I start to think about what it would be like if they weren't there and the silence was permanent. It totally freaks me out! I know- I'm such a weirdo! LOL!
That is so great to have such a thoughtful Grandma nearby! And what ideal timing to rejuvinate you for the home stretch!
Post a Comment