I find myself at the close of yet another day wondering where the heck it went. Life really has become a whirlwind. Lately I have found myself so unmotivated. It seems I always have a never ending list of things to do, yet I'm lucky to make it through the day completing just the basics. At first I thought it was because #3 entered the scene. Before Lauryn was born, I menu planned, I cooked great meals, I only went to the grocery store once a week with an anal retentively organized list, all my closets were organized, I never missed appointments. You get the idea... my life wasn't perfect, but I felt like I had a pretty good handle on it all. But now... sigh. The big wake up call though was, I realized that my current craziness isn't because of Lauryn. She is hands down the most easy-going, mellow kid around. I am beyond blessed to have such a good baby. So what's my deal? Granted I know taking care of her adds to my workload, but it's not like I'm pacing the floors with a crier or up all night with her. What is it that's keeping me from returning to my former, more organized self and getting my act together?So here's a plea to all you moms out there, I know I'm not the only one to face the challenge of keeping a growing family running smoothly. So please tell me how as your family grew what worked for you. How did you stay organized? How did you stay on top of things? What was the one lifesaver that made things easier? Veteran moms, lay your knowledge on me! I'm feeling like I could use all the help I can get!
11 comments:
Crap...I'm already unorganzied and find myself wondering where the day went...and I only have ONE kid!!! I'd better read everyone else's comments on here so by the time I have my next kid I won't be a total lost cause!! (btw, Sarah, you are one of the most amazing moms I know, so don't be too hard on yourself!!!)
Oh, Sarah, I'm looking forward to the comments you'll get on here. Hopefully something will help both of us! Thanks for your comments on my blog. It is nice to have someone in the same boat.
Well dang I feel like Kristen.....but I have NO KIDS!!! I am in for it!!! Well I am just so glad that I have you and Kristen as great examples, so when I do have kids I can turn to y'all for help.
sarah, i'm not a mom yet, but i've been around a lot of moms & i've always watched and learned. from what i hear, #3 - even when they're an angel is the hardest child to adjust to. or - #3 is no harder to adjust to compared to #6. once you hit 3, its a whole other story.
i say that you're in a funk about certain things, which we all go through, and that you just don't worry about it. you'll come out of it. just worry about & enjoy those girls, yourself and your husband. everything else will survive. don't guilt yourself & don't fret. people are the real things in life, not having everything organized & clean all of the time.
You crack me up! I went through something similar and I am sorry to tell you it doesn't get any easier. That is where the learning comes in and where you realize that you have to be a bit more creative and re-evaluate your every day schedule. Your a planner, you can do it! The key is PRIORITIZING!!! It is plain and simple you just can't always do it all and you have the pick and choose your battles. Ask yourself "what is more important?" The days go by at super-speed, but as you do this you'll start to notice glimpses of spare moments that are all yours. You are a smart person, don't let it get you down because you can't go to the store on a whim or have a meal itinerary.This is Satan's greatest tool, he wants mothers to second guess ourselves- We have to know and believe we're not alone and that everyones in the same boat.
Geez... do we still have telepathy after all these years? Get out of my head! LOL!!! I am SOOO with you! I've started judging good days by showers taken, baths given, and the number of mouths fed. Ha! I've been wondering the same thing... is #3 the big factor? I think a lot of it is just having a baby. They are just a lot of work! But SO worth it, right?
You need Cathleen Baker's advise. Nine kids and she is an amazing, very smart, calm, organized mom with the nicest kids! And she would still love to be blessed with more!
UG...that all I can say! At least I guess I won't be going from organized to unorganized, I can't even call ahead to get a hair appointment:)
Sarah..I have no idea what I'm doing as a mom..just wingin it. But I know you and I know that you are always way more together than you give yourself credit for. Just take it day by day--so what if you have cereal in the shower--it's better that way anyways--and it makes for a funny blog post later! What matters most is that you enjoy your family and that your around for them to enjoy you too. Cleaning, cooking, and all that will get done when it gets done--it is what it is. You are a great mom and one of the most organized put together people I know! I LOVE YA!!!
Amen to everything Hayley said!
I would offer you some advice, but I could copy and paste your post on my blog and sign my name to it with absolute honesty! I have felt out of sync since Kendal was born- and she too is a great babe. well- she is more mischeivious now, but she was a very mellow yellow baby.
I used to really enjoy cooking! Now, I"m lucky to get chicken nuggest nuked! i am of absolutely no help to you, other than i feel your pain!!! And when you figure things out, will you send your solve-all to me?! Thanks.
Post a Comment