Technically it's Christmas day since it's 1:00 in the morning, but since I haven't slept yet it's still Christmas Eve to me. I've finally found a moment of quiet to just sit and think. The noisy children are nestled snug in their beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. My rowdy brothers have calmed it to a dull roar in the theater room and the rest of the house is finally at peace. It has been a whirlwind week and even month for that matter. I haven't had time to reflect on the Christmas spirit too much this year unfortunately. But I don't want this time to pass without acknowledging how grateful I am for the true meaning of the season. As gifts were wrapped and stockings were stuffed tonight, I had the feeling that that was all fine and good. But what I found myself truly grateful for is my Savior, for His birth, His life, and all that He has given me and taught me.This year because of Dan's wedding all of my family is back together again for Christmas. All four of my brothers, my two sister-in-laws, my parents and my nephews. Being around my family has been so good. Sure we make each other a little kooky. Okay sometimes a lot kooky, but what families don't. I am amazed at how different each one of us are. Different lives, different paths, different personalities, and yet we are the same in that we all have the same blood that runs through our veins and we share the same heritage. My brother Dan said awhile back to my parents "I love being a McLean." I have to say I second that. I'm grateful that because of my Savior, my family can be together forever and that as a family we can work on and encourage each other towards that promise and that blessing. Because of my Savior and His entrance into this world on this day so many years ago, everything that I have and hold dear is possible. So with that said, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. May the spirit of the season and the significance of Christ's life touch your life and heart as well.
1 comment:
Well said. Christmas seemed to come and go in such a flurry this year, I too missed alot of reflection this season.
I also love being a McLean! :)
Post a Comment