I'm not gonna lie, most of my brain's activity lately has been focused on the results of Justin's layoff. I'm a planner and I've been in a funk because the whole thing has left me feeling so vulnerable. It bothers me that you could just be plugging along, doing what your supposed to do and with no provocation your life gets shaken up and left with questions and uncertainty. I always told Justin that come what may, we'd always have each other, and that is very true. We will always have each other and that's the most important thing. But it's hard not to feel angry that your life can just be turned upside down without doing a single thing to deserve it. As we've applied for different jobs, they've been all over the country and I just hate not knowing. Not knowing where we'll end up, not knowing what Justin will be doing for work, not knowing if I am going to need to sell our house, not knowing whether or not to register Brynna for Preschool next year at her current school, not knowing if Maryn's going to be able to finish out the school year where we're at, not knowing if we'll have the luxury of being able to live near family. Everything is such a question mark and I hate it. I know I should quit complaining, that there are others that are far worse off. But I still am wishing and praying and hoping for some answers in my life..... I just went back and read this and feel better now. Heavenly Father is so good. In the words of my little buddy Thatcher Alley "Have a happy attitude!"
15 comments:
Oh Sarah, I totally understand. Riley has been out of a job for about 2 1/2 months and it's killing me. I know that everything will work out just they way it needs to be, but it's so hard to feel so vulnerable. Hang in there
I cannot even imagine. You have such a wonderful attitude about it...sometimes it just helps to write and read it back to yourself, huh? Oh, I have a good idea: Come to Texas! :)
Hey Cousin,
Those darn trials that make us stronger! Please know that you guys are in our prayers. Um, Nebraska is a really central place to live!
Being in limbo is hard, no matter the circumstances. But I do know that months from now you will be able to look back at this time and see the Lords hand in your life and see how it was leading you and your family to the places you are needing to be.
Hang in there Sarah, I can't imagine. I am just praying that nothing really will change,(meaning having to leave Canton Ga) If you leave, my life may turn upside down...so I am praying that you find something here and quick!
That last coment was me Laura not Nick:)
Your right, I hate not knowing to. It is one of the most frustrating things to me. We always hear that Heavenly Father won't give us more than we can handle and I understand that, but the unknown to me is no fun. Or you could say from the words of Thatch "I hate not knowing." Isn't that little boy just to funny. I love it.
You guys are in our prayers! I'm hoping for your sake that you get to stay right there in beautiful Canton. But if not, I'm sure the Lord has a wonderful adventure in store for the Young family. Hang in there girl. We love you guys!
I wish your family the best. Remember that you are always heard even when it doesn't seem like it.
Put your house up for sale and move to Germany! We would love to have you! I feel your pain with the unknown! We are hitting that stage in this German adventure.. and now we have to figure out where to go! It can be very scary!
I am a planner as well and don't like surprises. I like to know what is going to happen and have a back up plan. It is an awesome feeling knowing that we will be taken care of, it isn't always in our hands, but we are loved. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (I think it would be quite cool if you came more our way.)
sarah, as always, i love seeing the little girl that i knew as a child a grown, mature woman. i'm so thoroughly impressed. i am not in your position, so i can't say i know what you're going through, but i can say that you're handling it all way better than i think i would. i love your attitude! i know this has got to be hard, but you're doing it right!
Thanks for that updated link - I may be needing that! I'm so sorry for the trial you are going through. I don't know what I would do (and I get more scared every day I'm going to find out.) I agree with Erica, come to Texas! ;)
Oh, been there- (One Tuesday):
Joe- we need to move back home.
Me- when?
Joe- Thursday.
Me- Ok then.
But as you said- God is so definitely looking out for us, and He'll look out for you too, but we're thinking of you in the meantime.
I think God gives us challenging circumstances to make us stronger and to give us better understanding and mercy towards others, but most of those lessons come at a very painful price. I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Just hang in there... something really awesome is probably right around the corner. You are going to look back in a few years and be amazed at where life has taken you and how these times will bring you to the next wonderful place in your life! Big, big hugs and lots of prayers!
Post a Comment