It is impossible, in my opinion, to look out at the vastness of the Grand Canyon and upon it's layers of history and not feel so very small. Like a mere blip on the timeline of history. But I also gained a sense of awe for my Creator. That His wisdom, creativity, intelligence, perspective and love are endless. I was reminded as I stood, unable to even begin to take it all in, that the same hands that made what was before me, created me as well. It's a humbling thought to say the least. Can you present your humble life as an example of His divine handiwork? Have you learned? Have you taught? Did you help others on their journey in life? What piece of you will live on as history marches past your time on this Earth?
(There's always time to be a nerdy nerd!)
Luckily our rest period was positively uneventful, other than the view of course! On our way back up the trail I looked up and saw a rainbow that completely encircled the sun. It was hard to capture on film because it was so bright. It was so beautiful and I had never seen anything like it.
We had to leave before sunset to head back to Phoenix so we could catch our early morning flight back to Atlanta the next day. But as we looked back behind us as we drove away that evening we were greeted to the perfect close to our day as we watched the sun slip behind the mountains. I felt at peace as I was reminded again that God is mindful of all of His creations... even me.
4 comments:
boohooo....I'm homesick...waaaahhhh... ;o) I love AZ. I'll try and dig up the volume of deaths in the Grand Canyon. Seriously, a whole novel of accounts where people have died in the Grand Canyon! So glad Justin didn't trip. That would put a real damper on a perfect trip. ;o)
It is breathtaking! A mom never rests! If she's not worrying about her biological kids, she's worrying about the kid she married! HA and you thought you would go the Grand Canyon without worrying about one of your crew toppling over the edge! Glad Justin has enough sense in him to just sit and enjoy the view.
if i may edit your post, my lovely wife.
i have the balance of barry sanders and the grace of emmitt smith.
If I may edit your post my dear son-in-law.... In Your Dreams!
Post a Comment