Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Brynna's Awards Ceremony


Brynna accepting her Presidential Award for Academic Achievement

I feel weird bragging on Facebook about my kids, but this is my blog and I will do what I want to! This morning I was able to attend Brynna's end of year award ceremony at her school. I was so proud of that little nugget and the good kid that she is. Not only was she recognized for her attendance and academic achievement, but was also one of the few kids in her class to receive a citizenship award as well. I whispered to her after it was over that I loved that she was smart, but I loved even more that she was smart AND had a good heart. That was what made me the most proud of all.

Brynnie and her 1st Grade teacher, Mrs. Welsh

**As a post note, we did not get the memo that kids had the option to not dress in uniform this day and could dress up for the awards ceremony. So when Brynna showed up in her P.E. sweats and many other kids were wearing dresses and ties I thought I was in trouble. But Brynna didn't even mention it bothering her. She just went with the flow. One of the things I love about Brynna is that she has an understanding heart. She's learned being my daughter, that I truly do try my best but often fall short and she is so often so forgiving of my shortcomings. I just love that about her! 
P.S. I still think she is a beauty even in her old P.E. sweats! ;)

1 comment:

Hayley said...

sarah, that's great. smart is good, but kind is better. the citizenship award was always something that i just quietly looked for all year, never advertized it & didn't tell the kids there would be an award for it, like i did the "smart" awards. and i always told parents the hows and whys of why i picked their kid - it makes them feel good. congrats, brynna!!!