Thursday, June 13, 2013

Project 365 {2013} - Day 164


I love watching a storm roll in. Watching the power and force of nature at work. So tonight I was like a kid in the candy store, as I watched from my front porch lightning flashing and listened as thunder let forth deafening booms and dark clouds steadily marched forward blocking out the light of the sun. 

Justin and the girls retreated indoors while I stood outside taking it in until the rains came. When I came inside I was met with tears from Brynna and dirty looks from Justin, both of who were completely convinced I was going to kill myself standing on our covered front porch while a storm was forming. If I would have ever felt danger I would have been the first one hightailing it to the basement. But there were no high winds near us. Just the still air below and the atmospheric push above. 

It's just part of living in the South. Storms happen and I guess I just kind of take it in stride. Justin called me stubborn. I called him Chicken Little. And Brynna, well we had to break out a brigade of stuffed monkeys to make her feel better. All I know is I am glad it was all uneventful here at Casa de Young and we all lived to disagree another day on how to react to bad weather.

No comments: