
The day started early this morning. We had big stuff going on in the Young household... Maryn's first day of Kindergarten! Holy cow, don't ask me where the last five years went! Maryn was beyond excited, waking up even before her alarm went off at 6:15 am. The night before Maryn had been telling us how excited she was to meet new friends and get a new teacher. Then a worried look came across her face and she said "I think tomorrow might be a bad day." Justin and I looked at each other in surprise and asked her "Why?" She said that she was worried the other kids may be mean to her. So Justin sat her down and gave her a Father's Blessing to get her prepared for her big day. Maryn sat quietly (which is a feat in itself) and listened to the words her Daddy was saying. As soon as amen was said she got a big grin on her face and said "I feel better now!"

When we were in the carpool lane waiting to pick her up after school, Justin said "I'm just so nervous for her, it's making my stomach sick!" He was really hoping she had had a fabulous day without any hitches. When we finally got to the front of the line, she climbed in the car and we didn't even get a hello out of her before she excitedly asked "Can Margot come over to our house and play?!" It would seem Peanut didn't have any trouble making friends after all! (As if it was ever a question in our minds!) We celebrated her first day by going to Frosty Frog for ice cream. We got to hear all about her nice teacher Mrs. Jones, the playground, the cafeteria, the kids at her table in class and all the other ins and outs of her big day! It would seem that Kindergarten suits our Miss Maryn Elizabeth very well!

5 comments:
That brought tears to my eyes. For her to be so worried then feeling so much better after her blessing. Hunter's first day of kindergarten Jessica told him he had to read. He did not know how, so he went and hid under our bed. We could not find him anywhere. Finally we heard a whimper and asked him what was wrong. He said "I don't know how to read." That broke our hearts and Jessica got a good talking to, and Hunter was happy again and off to school. It just makes them feel better to have a fathers blessing, which he had the night before, but to know that we are there for them. I hope the rest of Maryn's school year is just as successful as her first day was.
wow, i can't believe you have a kid in school!!! i'm glad she had a good day - the first day always makes such an impression!!!
Wow, you're right...where did the last 5 years go?! I am sure Maryn will do just fine in Kindergarden, and have tons of friends in no time! That is the cutest first day of school picture! Can't wait to hear more about her school adventures. Love - Aunt Krissy
Maryn is stylin in her new pink converse...how could the day have possibly gone wrong? I love the front door first day of school shot...I have so many of the same shots in different homes we lived in with you kids. Glad to hear our social butterfly is already making friends, and that her daddy had the wisdom to give her a father's blessing. Everything feels better when you know the Lord is watching over you!
Her shoes look great. I am already dreading the day that I have to send Amaya off to school. That is great that she already has so much faith in father's blessings.
Post a Comment