Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pretty Dang Cute

This morning Lauryn slept in BIG time! I was up at 6:00 with Maryn, so unfortunately I did not get to do the same. But Lauryn did not get up until 9:45!! Can you believe it?! I kept checking on her to make sure she was okay and she just kept right on sleeping! Finally at a quarter to ten I peeked in on her and she was still snoozing away, but I saw what was keeping her so content...She discovered her thumb! As soon as I took this picture she woke up!

Who wouldn't want to greet that little face every morning?! Man, I love my job!

11 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.

Anonymous said...

O.M.G..Another adorable thumb sucker....I LOVE it. Let's see if she keeps it up..I know I'm bad to want her to but I think thumb sucking is darling...

Hayley said...

have all of your girls been thumb suckers? heather's baby, hopey is a thumb sucker - i absolutely love it.

hilla said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! I know there is a lot of debate about thumb sucking, but I imagine it must be heavenly for the parents! At least for the first couple years! MAn! anything to make them sleep till 9:45!!

Sarah Young said...

Having been an orthodontic assistant it's not so cute to me when they are older and have teeth and are ruining their bite (ahem, Brynna!), but when they're little squirts like Lulu, it is pretty darn cute!

Wendy said...

How precious! Neither of my kids have sucked their thumbs, but I think it is SO cute. Tyler never even cared about a pacifier, but Allison is totally attached to hers. I don't know how I will ever get it away from her!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! The life of a mommy is the best!

KatSpy said...

Like she wasn't good enough. Now she's a thumb sucker. My sister says those make the best babies and I so agree. But beware...my sweet thumb sucker is turning into an ornery preteen. Not to mention years of speech therapy and the obvious orthodontic work. ;o) BUT it soooooo doggone cute. How can you resist.

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me! She is too young!!! She is just following in her big sisters footsteps!!! That is sooo cute!

Barb McLean said...

That is the cutest video I have ever seen... I just want to eat her! Lauryn's 3 month photo's are wonderful too. You've been busy! All I can say is we live way too far apart... I need a baby fix!

Cathleen said...

Just too cute! I am a big fan of thumb sucking. Unfortunately, my oldest was the only one. I like it because they can always self sooth. It is only in their mouth when they really need it. Pacifiers get lost and are often in their mouths for longer than needed, impeding their speech. They need their hands to play, so they have to take their thumb out often.
My son had perfect speech and did wear braces as a teenager, but not to correct his bite...but to straighten his teeth.
I have children who need their bites corrected who never sucked their thumbs or had a pacifier.
It is too easy to spend time worrying about things that do not have any real long term impact.
Just enjoy your precious bundle!!