Friday, October 3, 2008

My New Favorito

My friend Erin, who is a total kick in the pants, and I share something in common that most adult women do not. It's our mutual love of funny kids books. In fact Justin made fun of me the last time we were in Borders together. While he was perusing all the boring, old adult books, the kiddie section was calling my name, even though the kids weren't with me. Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but the truth is, they're just so stinkin' funny! This one is definitely no exception. Erin had mentioned on her blog awhile back how much she loved it. She has never led me wrong in the past, with the likes of Junie B. Jones and such. So when the good, ol' Scholastic Book flyer came home with Maryn from Kindergarten I had to get it! If you haven't read it, get your hands on a copy. Ees muy, muy funny!

8 comments:

Hayley said...

i absolutely love skippyjon jones. and so do my students. i ALWAYS read it in a funny mexican accent. they beg me to read it again and again. so fun. i love kids books!

Kelli said...

I love kids books, too! I always spend more time in the kid's section than the adults, kids or no kids. And, yes, that is a very good book. Our favorites right now are the pigeon books from Mo Willems. Actually, anything by him...

Erin Lemons said...

Glad I could help---so funny!!! I'm going to go read one right now!

Wendy said...

I actually just read that book with Tyler last night! Such a funny book!

Swangerlings said...

O.K. I agree with you, it is so much funner on their side when you go to the book store. I started laughing when I saw your blog because Eve and all of her friends have been repeating these books and they are so funny. We've started getting into the Junie B. Jones books and that little girl is a kick in the pants spit fire! I can't help, but crack up when I am reading them to her. I got home late the 2 night ago and Mim read 2 chapters to her and I got sad because I feel I missed out, so I might just go read them myself. I am so glad that I found something like ready to help me laugh and share with my daughter and it truly does make memories I will have forever and for her as well.

Swangerlings said...

I totally didn't check that for all the spelling errors so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I love kids books! and kids clothes...I guess that's why jakobs bookshelf and closet are stuffed full and I'm still wearing clothes from my pre-jakob days!

Mrs. D said...

I'm not laughing at you at all! I have been fascinated with kids boos for years. My husband, too, (though he make take exception to me saying so) has joined in my pursuit. We already have a library built up for the first little Domer!