Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gingerbread Night 2008

15 comments:

Barb McLean said...

I'm so glad the girls have had some practice, so that they can help Cole & Kade put together one I picked up at Costco. I thought the kids would have fun with it! Jody & Phil look fabulous and fit! We sure miss them too! Lauryn looks so dang kissable...can't wait to get my hands on all the girls!

Kelli said...

Awwww, very cute. Their little faces are so precious. Y'all did a good job, ours was a disaster last time we tried!

Kevin said...

I'm missing all of yall!!! The gingerbread house looks great. Good work!

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

How fun! I love these kinds of traditions! Way to be proud with the "Y"! I loved that Brynna was wearing the apron I sent.. how fun!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Cute, cute!! I wish we could be there to join in this tradition with you guys! I love Brynna's face in the last picture - looks like she's in a sugar coma - ha! And Mom's looking beautiful in those pictures!!

Sarah Young said...

Haha, Kristen you're right! Right after that last picture Brynna lost it. The sugar buzz had worn off and she was done with posing for pictures!

And your Momma is lookin' like a million bucks, isn't she! Phil's a lucky man! :)

hilla said...

Your Grammy is a looker!
And I am truly impressed with your childrens' ginger breading skills! That house looked...well, like a gingerbread house. Ours always turn out like a muddled mess of frositng and misplaced gumdrops. But we have fun doing it. I'm positive, however, that putting a legible M on our house is out of the question entirely. Well done.

hilla said...

ps- can i just tell you how much I love your mom and dad?! they are so great, and your mom's laugh... it gets me everytime. wish you could have been there too! we need to meet, i already know we'd hit it off like old friends! :)

eric and girls said...

I think this is the best part of the holidays, decorating the gingerbread houses. It's always so much fun. It will be fun if we will be able to see each other while you are in town even if it's just for dessert or something. I know how busy weddings can be so I don't want to take you away from any of that. We can get together as many people as we can from the past. That would be fun. What are the dates you will be in town? Send me your email address and I will send you my cell phone number. Talk to you later. Oh wait I can send it to you through facebook:)

Melanie Rossi said...

Those houses look so cute! Did the girls really decorate them? It must have been their grandma.

Aaron and Megan said...

this is aaron- the girls look cut but momma, you are doin your thing!!!! lookin good!!! dad... you're a lucky man!

Swangerlings said...

So cute. Love the houses. Eve would be jealous, that's her favorite thing to do during the holidays.

Sarah Young said...

Just so everyone knows, Phil A.K.A. Gramps was heavily involved in the decorating process! :)

Anonymous said...

Gald for the disclaimer on the real perfectionist who "helped" with the decorating!!! But it sure was a fun night!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition! I am so impressed in the decorating, way to go gramps!