Thursday, April 16, 2009

PB&J...The Better Way!

Most people I know would agree with me on the fact that there is something very comforting about a good, ol' PB&J sandwich with a big glass of milk. When I married Justin, the PB&J I grew up on was taken to another level. He introduced me to his Mom's Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam and after that I was ruined. I could never ever go back to store bought jam. It just didn't come anywhere near the homemade stuff on the deliciousness scale. Honestly, I don't think I've bought store bought jam in the last nine years. Tonight, I think I've been ruined even further! I was feeding Lauryn her dinner, when I heard a soft knock on the door. It was my sweet friend Melysa and she had come bearing gifts! She had brought some of her yummy, homemade, strawberry jam and home-ground, honey-roasted peanut butter! I wanted to tackle her in a hug I was so excited, but restrained myself to an enthusiastic high five! I was SOOOO excited! It was even still a little warm from the grinder... I just had to wipe my face, the very memory of it is causing me to drool! I don't even think she was out of the driveway before I had a slice of my friend Laura's freshly-ground, whole-wheat bread sliced off and slathered in the good stuff. People, if you've never eaten freshly ground HONEY-ROASTED peanut butter, you haven't lived! I now can officially die a very happy girl! Thank you so much Melysa!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K, so do we all need the recipe for this amazing homemade P.B. or is it a family secret??? Man I feel the lbs. coming on already.!!!

Melysa said...

Oh man Sarah! You've been ruined completely! Homemade bread on top of it?! Yep, there's no going back! Any time my friend, any time!

And Jody, no secret recipe. Just Honey roasted peanuts (Planters of course) and a Vitamix blender. I'd be more than happy to make it for you as well. Just supply the peanuts! :)

kidding...right? said...

Holy Cow that sounds good! I had no idea that you could just whip up a batch of peanut butter. Yum! The easter pictures are cute. I love your Sunday series. What an awesome thing to do. That video just had me in tears!

Anonymous said...

Melysa..I do have a vitamix so I'm going to give the P.B. a try. Sarah, we can make P.B. together next time you're over here. Hope there's a sale on peanuts real soon!

hilla said...

Who are these people?!! I am bragging about having made three meals this week, totaling about 7 this month, and they are giving away home made peanut butter?! i would be an uber under-achiever in your crowd!
So send any leftovers in this direction to the slackers so we can die happy too! :)