The girls know that their birthdays are special days. It's the one day of the year where if they ask for something, they will probably get a 'yes'. Want doughnuts for breakfast?... Sure! Top it off with sugary chocolate milk?... Absolutely! Balloons?... Pick 'em out! Will you make me my favorite cake?... Anything you want! This year Maryn really wanted to add 'Can I get my ears pierced?' to her special day's list of questions. And like I said, if they want it their birthday is the time to ask! So we invited Grammy to join Maryn, Brynna, and I on a fun girl's day out to go get Maryn's ears pierced. Since Grammy also knows birthdays are all about fun, she decided we should make a stop at Chuck E. Cheese's to treat us to lunch before heading to the mall for the moment of truth. You of course heard no complaints about that from the girls. Grammy is so cool!
Maryn is wild about horses. So imagine her excitement when she saw they had a game where you ride the horse, steer it with the reins and even can jump it! She took it very seriously!
I dug out this old picture of Justin and Maryn on the same jet-ski ride a few weeks after Brynna was born. Maryn had just turned two then and now look at them four years later! My two long-legged chickadees!
I dug out this old picture of Justin and Maryn on the same jet-ski ride a few weeks after Brynna was born. Maryn had just turned two then and now look at them four years later! My two long-legged chickadees!After our bellies were full of pizza, games had been played and tickets had been redeemed we headed over to Claire's, inside the mall. Maryn and I had watched videos of other little girls getting their ears pierced together on YouTube, so she would know what to expect. (No horrific ones of course!) So she was feeling pretty excited when we got there. She picked out a sparkly, little pair of ruby earrings because they're her birthstone and hopped up in the chair.
The moment of truth! She was still looking a little concerned after it happened. She was happy they were in but was thinking that maybe her ears were hurting a little bit. But really nothing a trip to the cookie counter couldn't remedy! She did so great, it made a Momma proud!
More birthday celebrations to continue!
5 comments:
Izzy got her ears pierced on her 6th birthday and that video of Maryn reminded me so much of Izzy. The facial expression was so similar. I'm so glad they piece them at the same time. I'm pretty sure Izzy would have bailed on the second ear getting pierced if they weren't done at the same time.
Happy Birthday to Maryn!!! Sounds like she had an awesome day. What a brave little girl and how smart to watch videos of other little girls getting their ears pierced to prepare her. So now the question, will Brynna want hers pierced as well?
How fun!! I wish I could have been there to see her getting her ears pierced. That was such a good idea to take a video of it! I'm sure she loves them. You're such a fun mom!
Happy Birthday to Maryn! You know Hailey is horse obsessed too! I recently bought her a print off etsy... I'll have to post pics soon! I got Hailey's ears pierced just before we went to Spain when she was 9 months old. I had been told that EVERY girl in Spain had pierced ears and the only way to ensure she wasn't called a chico everywhere we went... yup, earrings. I felt so guilty after doing it, like I had caved in to social peer pressure and I no longer stood up against the flow. The earrings looked huge in her tiny ears, but now it seems silly! She is so grown up now and is the BIGGEST wimp. I'm glad I got them done then! LOL!
Dad and I just got through watching the video together and both of us were talking to it like we were there. "You can do it Maryn"... "Be Brave"... "Way to go" uh... it's a video and you're in Oregon. Silly aren't we! Maryn looks beautiful, and it reminded me of when Krista and I went with you to get your ears pierced. It's a right of passage for sure. Something you never forget. The first time I tried to have my ears pierced my sister was doing it (With a needle and ice cubes to numb me)and I got half way through the first ear and bailed. Later, I tried again at the jewelry store and had my ears punched like Maryn. It is the only way to go. I think Im gonna go jewelry shopping for a special little girl today! Keep those little ears alcoholed and turn the studs... and don't let her put new earrings in too soon! Be firm Mom!
Post a Comment