Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let's Try This Again!

My sister-in-law, Kristen, and my friends, Erin and Tina, have been so good at doing the blog thing lately that I decided I needed to revisit it and try it again! I kind of fell off the bandwagon there for awhile with it, but we're back! I'm enjoying some quiet time this morning as Maryn and Brynna are both at Preschool for a few hours, so I figured what better time to catch up!?

Justin and I just got back from Utah, where we were attending my friend Breanne's wedding. It was beautiful and it was so good getting to see people from Washington again! We also were able to sneak away to Park City for a day. Justin and I were in hog heaven! We just wandered up and down the main street, popping into different galleries looking at beautiful artwork and photography. It was great to just be able to hold hands and enjoy that quiet little town and the beautiful fall colors. It sunk in how great it was to have a little time without the kids (thanks to my angel mother who flew in from Oregon to have a little Nana and the Girls time!), when we were sitting on a park bench eating gelato and it dawned on us that no one was squawking at us for a bite! Ahhh, it's all about the simple things!

There was one gallery we loved imparticular. It was called "Windows to the World" and it was all photography by a husband and wife team by the name of Scanlan, who went to Greece, England, Ireland, America and all over catching glimpses of life around the globe. It was amazing and really put the travel bug in me! Watch out Steve and Kristine, you might never get rid of me when I finally make it over to Germany! My childhood friend Tina is living in North Africa now, and I always love looking at her different point of view when she takes pictures. It made Justin and I want to get a new camera and try upping our creativity! Until then, you'll have to be satisfied with these, but we hope you enjoy them nonetheless!


5 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

I love the new blog! You guys look great, and I LOVE Park City - it looks so beautiful there right now. Glad you guys had a good time!

Erin Lemons said...

Love the blog--but I can't see all of you in these pics--maybe there's something to that! Talk to you soon.

Wendie said...

Love the look of your blog! Looks like you two had a beautiful day in Park City. How can we subscribe to your blog so we can get auto-email updates?

Love you guys.

Justin Young said...

Who is the blonde? She's hot.

susan said...

Hey guys, this is too cute. Ditto to wendi's ? about the blog. This should make us old folks feel guilty about not doing the same. The pic's are cute, Park C is beautiful. So is the hot blond Justin. Love ya all, Aunt susan