
The girls are in bed, the day is winding down. I'm just sitting with a smile on my face as I think about the simple joys my family brings to my life. I woke up this morning and realized my good husband had gotten up with the girls to make them oatmeal, so that I could stay in the warm bed and sleep a few more minutes. Justin is a total keeper. He is just so good about doing those little things that he knows make me happy. I opened one eye and then the other and realized that it was 8:00am and I needed to hustle and get Maryn to soccer practice. So I hopped out of bed and realized that it was actually cool outside (Yay!) and I pulled on my sweats and my baseball cap and got Maryn ready to scoot out the door.

It is so much fun to watch her at soccer, running around and having fun. Today during a scrimmage she was muscling for the ball and got it and all the parents started shouting "Way to go Pigtails! Take it to the goal!" (There are so many kids, there's no way to know everyone's names!) It just stuck, so now her soccer name is "Pigtails". I heard one dad saying to his wife "Pigtails and Pink Bow (another girl) were really doing good out there!" I thought, yeah, that's my girl!

Tonight after dinner, we decided to make an Apple-Blueberry Crisp with the apples we got from the orchard up in North Georgia yesterday. The girls LOVE to cook with me and always want to wriggle themselves in the middle of everything and do this and that. Sometimes I just think it would be easier if I could just do it myself. But I know someday, they'll be too busy to want to help, so I guess I should eat it up while I can!

While the crisp was baking the girls decided to have a little star watching session. They love sitting out and looking at the night sky. It makes me wish I was as smart as their Nana so I could point out all the constellations. After they had dragged out pillows and blankets they decided that wasn't enough. They decided what they really needed was a tent! So they pulled out all the chairs and more blankets outside and make their little hideout. They said they were ready to go camping and I actually agreed, just not tonight. It was time to get those monkeys in bed! So we convinced them to come inside for their baths and jammies. I couldn't help but give them an extra kiss as I tucked them in and I just marveled at how much I love them. I couldn't help but wonder what joys tomorrow will also bring.

4 comments:
How tender and precious!! That is what it is all about! You and Justin are truly blessed and we are so glad to be a part of it.
Love you all, Jody...Grammy!!
you are so good at taking pictures! i'm sorry i'm missed your talk today at church. one of the kids was sick. BUT i'm sure you did an excellent job. i'm so impressed with how wonderful of a mom you are. keep up the great work!
Mike and I agree that you have two beautiful girls! Thanks for the comment on our blog - it was great to hear from you and we look forward to keeping in touch better!
I think it is days like these that make all the "work" we do for our kids SO worth it! My kids are always wanting to help in the kitchen too and I KNOW I get get it done faster without them. But I guess some of the best things in life do not always happen quickly!
Hugs,
Tina
Post a Comment