So this morning I set to work cutting it, trying to salvage some sort of hairstyle. I cut the length up, so the space between the hacked layers wasn't so noticeable. Then I blow dried and sprayed and attempted to tame and smooth these wild and crazy punk rocker spots on the side of her head. But, in truth no matter what I did, she still had this weird mutton chop thing going on, on one side of her head. That's when you lay down the scissors and just say "It is what it is. Just let it grow back out." As you can see below, in a picture I caught of her and Maryn joking around with each other, there is some definite hair missing up front. Sigh, oh well, what are ya gonna do?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Busy Little Bee
One might generally think that illness would slow a child down from wanting to participate in mischief. I however, have exceptional children when it comes to finding the energy to get in to trouble. Yesterday morning it was little Miss Brynna Grace's turn. We all woke up and I got the girls' breakfast ready. A couple minutes into eating Brynna announced she had to go potty. I told her to hop down from the table and go. About a minute later, Maryn decided she needed to go too and so she also hopped down and ran into the bathroom. Seconds later Maryn came running out of the bathroom with her p.j.'s around her ankles yelling "Mom and Dad, Brynna is cutting her hair!" You've never seen a sick woman move so fast! I hopped up and ran into the bathroom. Sure enough, there was Brynna, caught redhanded, scissors in hand. All I had to say was "Brynna! What are you doing?!" and she burst into tears because she knew she was being naughty. So I began collecting the fallen remains of her beautiful golden locks...
What had she done!?! I was just thinking the day before that I was going to grow her hair out a bit so we could do something cute with it for Aaron & Megan's and Dan & Steph's weddings. She wasn't even gone two minutes! How did this happen!? Upon inspecting the damage, I told Justin that it was all short and crazy on one side and long on the other, how the heck was I going to fix this?Justin made me laugh though when he said she looked like Christian off of Project Runway. Of all the people to look like, why him?! Yes, he is talented, but such a twit! He would probably tell Brynna she looked "Fierce!" but Momma Bear begs to differ.
So this morning I set to work cutting it, trying to salvage some sort of hairstyle. I cut the length up, so the space between the hacked layers wasn't so noticeable. Then I blow dried and sprayed and attempted to tame and smooth these wild and crazy punk rocker spots on the side of her head. But, in truth no matter what I did, she still had this weird mutton chop thing going on, on one side of her head. That's when you lay down the scissors and just say "It is what it is. Just let it grow back out." As you can see below, in a picture I caught of her and Maryn joking around with each other, there is some definite hair missing up front. Sigh, oh well, what are ya gonna do?
Despite all her mischief and punk rock layers, she still is too stinkin' cute for her own good.
So this morning I set to work cutting it, trying to salvage some sort of hairstyle. I cut the length up, so the space between the hacked layers wasn't so noticeable. Then I blow dried and sprayed and attempted to tame and smooth these wild and crazy punk rocker spots on the side of her head. But, in truth no matter what I did, she still had this weird mutton chop thing going on, on one side of her head. That's when you lay down the scissors and just say "It is what it is. Just let it grow back out." As you can see below, in a picture I caught of her and Maryn joking around with each other, there is some definite hair missing up front. Sigh, oh well, what are ya gonna do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh my gosh, I laughed so loud when I read this! That little stinker!! I have to say though, you did a pretty darn good job of salvaging it into a cute haircut still!
Oh, it looks really cute! You can't really notice much. I love the short 'do. I used to babysit this little boy, and my son cut off some of HIS hair. I had to explain it to his mom. Luckily it wasn't that bad, but so embarrassing! I think all kids do it at some point.
Sarah you did a great job fixing it. Taylin did the same thing last year. She has curly nappy hair and sometimes I have to cut her hair ties out. One day she took it upon her self to cut right above it. She got a new do with lots of layers. Don't worry I think every child tries it. You will laugh at it one day
What will they think of next??? I guess every child has to go through the hair cutting stage..This kind of stuff just makes for great stories!!!
Love you Brynnie dispite of the mischief.. Now give your poor mommy a break!!!!
Love, Grammy....
Life...never a dull moment! I am still chuckling as I write this. Brynna could shave her head and still be cute! The funny thing about all of this is that she had to premeditate the whole thing. There are no scissors in your bathrooms! Isn't that a scary thought... they are always thinking and...oh well, at least this time it didn't involve any poop! I always try to think positive (lol)
Thanks for the birth control fix:-)
Oh, she still looks super cute. What a sick feeling to find them cutting their own hair. It hasn't happened in our house yet (knock on wood) but I am not putting it past Kenzie.
I am impressed with your fix it job! It looks cute! I can only imagine we will be experiencing this same tragic feeling all too soon!
Post a Comment