Monday, February 18, 2008

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself!

This picture is from Valentine's morning. Maryn got up early and got showered and dressed with me. But Brynna still was in her jammies and had bedhead when they opened their presents from their Daddy. I just laugh though, because Brynna about looks how I feel!


I found this quote on a friend's blog and it could not express more perfectly how Justin and I have felt over the past couple days!

"I love to play hide and seek with my kid, but some days my goal is to find a hiding place where he can't find me until after high school."
-Author Unknown

Why you may ask, are Justin and I ready to hide from our children? Well, we have been sick, sick, sick with the flu for going on four days now. So while we can hardly do the essentials like, oh you know, breathing, moving and talking, our darling little daughters have decided to take full advantage of us. Lovely aren't they? It's been non-stop bickering, whining and getting into general mischief. Justin had left to the store on Saturday to get me some Robitussin since my chest was about to collapse in on itself with all the coughing. While he was gone, Brynna overflowed the toilet and water was pouring everywhere. I had to drag my half dead body off the couch to sop up poop water off the bathroom floor. All the while wheezing and gasping for every breath. I thought, you know what, any other job in the world comes with sick days. Where the heck are the parents sick days?!

8 comments:

Joice said...

Hope you're feeling better today! LOVE Brynna's hair. Here's to chicken noodle soup and rest!

Barb McLean said...

Sarah & Justin, I hope you are starting to feel better. Brynna looks how we felt all weekend long too. This has been a nasty cold season. Here's to renewed health! I think we all could use some!

Jill said...

Sarah! How could I forget you! Oh the days of dating the Campbell boys! Ages ago! Your family is so cute! And congratulations on your little girl!! So excititng!

Lindsey said...

Your house sounds about like our house! Here is to hoping the warm weather comes and the plague leaves! Hope you guys feel better soon!

Kristine said...

I am so sorry that you are feeling so sick! That is the worst, especially when you are pregnant - hang in there. It cannot get worse, right?

Swangerlings said...

I am so glad I am not there anymore! I have never been so sick for such a long period of time this last Fall and Winter so I know exactly what you are talking about. I would hack away constantly and as a mom I had to of course get things done and work so people always would look at me like I was crazy for being outside of the house. They would say " Well, that doesn't sound very good at all!" and I would think, well, thanks for your imput!!! It truly sucks being pregnant and sick as well. I had a allergy infection, a cold and bronchitis all at the same time for my whole last trimester- so I feel for you!
Wishing you better health!
Sarah

Erica said...

That quote is going up on my scrapbook room wall...my hiding spot! Hope you guys feel better soon.

Traveling Mama said...

Oh! Your poor things! How aweful to both be so sick. What a great quote, though. Hope you guys get feeling better soon!