Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blast From The Past

This trip was magic to me. Everything was just right, the mood, the light, the air. We went out for my sister-in-law, Kristen's wedding and it was such a beautiful backdrop for those memories to be made and kept forever. I remember Maryn running around on the grass and me thinking that I had never seen her more beautiful than in that moment, caught up in her imagination and basking in late afternoon light.

The day after the wedding was spent at the beach, absorbing the beauty of the California Coastline. I remember sinking my toes into the warm sand and watching the wind caress the curls at the nape of Brynna's little baby neck. I remember walking her into the water and her excitement at the rush of water over her toes. Our escape to California is one that I will never forget. I think back and there I am again, happy, warm and content.

3 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Funny, I have excellent memories of that weekend too! :) When I found out you guys were all going to beach the next day, I was kind of sad I couldn't come too. Then I remembered I was going on my honeymoon and I got over it real quick. LOL. Those are precious pictures though. Thanks for sharing the memories!!

Swangerlings said...

Your girls are so pretty and I can't believe that Lauryn is that big. I guess it has been a little while. Manti is already 11 months today! It really does make me sad. I thought to myself yesterday that it's really starting to hit me that my baby is not such a baby anymore and what if he is the last? I better enjoy the moments more and holding him and feeding him his bottle before I have anymore lasts. There is a book I have about lasts and how you don't recognize them until they've pasted and how the mom prays to God and wishes she could hold on longer to those precious lasts. I can't get through it without shedding a tear.

Cathleen said...

I'm glad for someone else to feel this way too. I'm not sure where you were in CA, but maybe the feeling is there all through the state.
Our families live in Orange County, CA and I really feel like it is something wonderful when we get to go visit. My kids do too. If they could pick anywhere to go on vacation, it would be there. It is great to have pictures to help relive the moments. Your pictures are beautiful, I could feel the magic too!