If you would have happened by a moment ago, you would have found me soaking in silence and feeling amazement. I was making my nightly rounds, kissing little, sleeping heads, lingering and watching them sleep. Turning off lights and locking doors... but then instead of locking, I opened the last one and stepped outside into the cool, still night. Enjoying the feel of the air on my bare arms, neck and face I layed down on the driveway and turned my face to the moon. I marveled at it and the stars twinkling across that big, black night. As I layed there looking up, I felt a warm tear make it's way down my cheek. Not because I was sad or overwhelmed or even afraid... but because I was at peace. Total and complete peace. My gratitude and joy was so full, I could not hold it back.
In a world with so much turmoil, I've never felt so far away from it within the walls of my own home. Life is crazy, kids scream, dishes build up, schedules are full... but it is my oasis. I know that everything I have, as simple and wonderful as it may be, is because of Him. As I looked out into that big, black sky tonight, instead of feeling small, I felt as if peace itself was filtering down through those moonbeams. I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, what more can any of us ask for?
10 comments:
sarah, what a share. i'm glad you've got that peace. i can't wait til i can kiss my babies good night.
Aw sarah..you are amazing!
That was awesome! You're are an amazing writer. I know your daughters (and posterity) will truly treasure those journals you are keeping. They are works of art, that I am certain. PS...thanks for sharing your baby loves. ;o)
I love those quiet moments too. We are all so very blessed that Heavenly Father gifts them to us. There is nothing better!
I love those moments! I have been kinda busy so I was catching up on your posts and I loved the Catholic message you have on here. It makes you realize just how much Satan is trying to confuse so many and all we need to do is stand up for the basics. It is either black or white and sometimes it might seem hard, but in the end we need to all do what is right for mankind.
Sarah, your grateful heart is always teaching me lessons. How I love you!
Too often we forget to just keep it simple. Joy and peace are right there... love that you've found them!
Hugs from Spain!
Sarah you are so awesome! I am so greatful that I am able to have such a amazing friend who can take the simple things and appreciate them to there very fullest just as our Father in Heaven intended! Girl you got it!
have you ever thought about being a writer? I love reading your posts...you've got a very poetic way of explaining things.
Wow! You really know what is important in life.
Post a Comment