Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pretty Dang Stoked!

I received a choice little tidbit of information from my Mom this morning when we were chatting it up on the phone. She has some friend's, the Wieland's, who are planning on going on a mission this coming year. My mom had mentioned to them that Justin, the kidlets and I were moving to Oregon and planted a little seed that we would be looking for a place to live. After stewing on it for a few weeks, they e-mailed my Mom and said that they would love to have us stay in their house while they are away on their mission. The house is paid for, so Justin and I would just be responsible for paying the taxes on it while they are gone. Which works out to be between $500-$600 a month. Which is a steal for renting a house, but what gets better is that this house is kid heaven! It is located on 2.5 acres nestled off the road and down by the river. It has a pool, a sports court, a giant deck and a huge yard. It's nestled beneath shade trees and my Mom said it is very peaceful. The have a huge garden and even a few chickens and a dog named Skippy that we may be tending while the Wieland's are away! Can you believe it?! The home is a little older and my mom said it has a nice big kitchen. My imagination is working, I can already picture making cookies with Brynna while Maryn sits in the window seat and reads! The Wieland's raised their seven kids there, so my mom said we won't have to worry about being afraid to actually live in it. She said it has a very comfortable feel to it. It's three minutes from my parents, which goes without saying is awesome! They won't be leaving until April or May most likely, so my parents have generously opened their house to us until then. I really feel like I need to pinch myself! I am so happy about the way things are coming together!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me smile REAL big!!!!! maybe even room for a visit from grammy and gramps in the summer!!!

Sarah Young said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Stay as long as you want!!!

N. Tipps said...

Sarah, I'm so happy for you. It's amazing how things come together sometimes. Makes you realize you're making the right choice.

Jen Nagel said...

Wowzers! Things just keep getting better and better! Good luck with all the packing/holiday/moving/settling madness! You'll be rewarded in the end.

Leah said...

Wow, how awesome is that and what a blessing for you guys.

Barb McLean said...

Life is good!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Awesome!!! And sorry for being a jerk and not calling you back yet! That is great news...and I guess another sign for you guys that this is the right move at the right time for your family. Isn't it nice to get those confirmations?! So happy for you guys.

KatSpy said...

Huhzah! (I learned that at Williamsburg, VA ;) aka for Hooray!) That is soooooo awesome! Everything is falling into place so nicely. So happy for you guys. You have earned these blessings!