You know how I had mentioned awhile back that Justin and I had finally come to a resolution on the direction of our life and were finally seeing eye-to-eye? Well, this was the resolution. We are taking the big, giant leap and moving to Oregon so Justin and hopefully myself as well, can go back to school and finish our educations. We had thought about it this past summer too, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It just didn't seem to make sense. We have awesome family and friends here in Georgia. We love our ward, where we attend church. We love the girl's schools. I enjoy my job and have said many times that if I have to work, it is a great place to be. We love our little home. We just love the South as a whole... but between this past summer when we decided not to go, something has been off. I couldn't put my finger on it. Life was not progressing and moving in the direction it needed to go. I was feeling very stressed that I would forever be a working mother and Justin would forever be an unemployed Mr. Mom because of the limited opportunities in his chosen profession. But Justin and I had gone over it before, that a move to Oregon just did not make sense. So we didn't discuss it any further and kind of forgot about it. After a particularly rough period for me, I prayed and prayed that our lives would find some direction. It was that next morning we both woke up, looked at each other and said "We need to move to Oregon." Justin has had some great years covering Basketball Recruiting. But it's no longer what is right for him or for our family. So he is going to get his degree in Education and hopes to teach High School once he's graduated and I am hoping to get my degree in Dental Hygiene. We know without a shadow of a doubt that Oregon is exactly where our family is supposed to be. We fasted and prayed and have had our choice confirmed to us. So now we're off on this next great adventure. Packing up, downsizing, and heading off to be poor, little students again... and I couldn't be at any more peace with it. We know in the long run we'll be better for it.Wednesday, November 4, 2009
What's New...
You know how I had mentioned awhile back that Justin and I had finally come to a resolution on the direction of our life and were finally seeing eye-to-eye? Well, this was the resolution. We are taking the big, giant leap and moving to Oregon so Justin and hopefully myself as well, can go back to school and finish our educations. We had thought about it this past summer too, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It just didn't seem to make sense. We have awesome family and friends here in Georgia. We love our ward, where we attend church. We love the girl's schools. I enjoy my job and have said many times that if I have to work, it is a great place to be. We love our little home. We just love the South as a whole... but between this past summer when we decided not to go, something has been off. I couldn't put my finger on it. Life was not progressing and moving in the direction it needed to go. I was feeling very stressed that I would forever be a working mother and Justin would forever be an unemployed Mr. Mom because of the limited opportunities in his chosen profession. But Justin and I had gone over it before, that a move to Oregon just did not make sense. So we didn't discuss it any further and kind of forgot about it. After a particularly rough period for me, I prayed and prayed that our lives would find some direction. It was that next morning we both woke up, looked at each other and said "We need to move to Oregon." Justin has had some great years covering Basketball Recruiting. But it's no longer what is right for him or for our family. So he is going to get his degree in Education and hopes to teach High School once he's graduated and I am hoping to get my degree in Dental Hygiene. We know without a shadow of a doubt that Oregon is exactly where our family is supposed to be. We fasted and prayed and have had our choice confirmed to us. So now we're off on this next great adventure. Packing up, downsizing, and heading off to be poor, little students again... and I couldn't be at any more peace with it. We know in the long run we'll be better for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
sarah, that's exciting. i love getting clarity & answers to prayers like that. it will be a big change, but you can do it! plus, you'll be closer to family ;)
you can do it, put your back into it!
This is great news. do you know which school you'll be applying to? My mom teaches at one here in Seattle and it's a great program. Let me know if you have any questions and I can get you in touch with my mom.
Sarah
That sounds like a good thing for you guys! Moving is always really fun and exciting! When are you going? Congrats!
OH yeah you will be closer to us!! What an exciting time. Well you can go ahead and be poor right along with us...maybe the Lemons too(but not for long). Good luck on things and let us know if you have time to stop by and say hello.
We are going to miss you so much, but it sounds like you guys are doing the right thing. You can never go wrong going back to school!
I'm so excited for y'all, but will miss you. However, if we ever get to the Northwest, we will have friends to 'visit'. ;)
Sarah I am so flippin excited! I am sorry however for the major change, God definitely closes and opens doors. I have such a testimony...that God knows us and what is best for us even when it is so hard to see if for ourselves. I hope the move goes well and let me know when you move because I would love to help you if you want!
xoxo Sarah
Umm I said that not my husband lol..I don't know why he is signed in?
So very sad to hear you all are leaving. Very, very sad. But at least we've got more movtivation to go visit my relatives in Oregon and we can visit you all too. We'll really miss you but going back to school sounds great for you all.
Wow really!? That's much closer so I love it!! Where in Oregon and when?
Did We just win the lottery? Because it feels that way!!!!!
Sniff Sniff...planzies lol!!! There is not a better feeling than knowing you are on the right track, and you are so there!
BUT I AM STILL GOING TO MISS YOU SO SO SO STINKING MUCH!
AMEN Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't think about it...Really I can't!!!!!!
Oh, the adventure you are about to embark on! Been there done that and we have no regrets! We say all the time how much we loved the simplicity of our life when we were poor college students and everyone thought we were crazy. We wish you the best of luck but you don't really need luck do you when you have the blessing of the spirit's sweet whisperings that tell you you are doing exactly what you should be?! Congrats!
God bless you in your new adventure! The lord does work in mysterious ways...Hugs and kisses, Mary Lemons (Steve's mom)
Wahoo! We'll practically be neighbors! I think a family reunion is definitely needed...but I'll let you get moved and settled first! I'm glad you've been given the guidance you need to move forward with your wonderful life.
Mazel tov!! It is so nice when the answer finally comes, and even better when the same answer comes to both of you at the same time! :)
There have to be some major perks to moving to Oregon... such as parental vicinity! Maybe we will actually get to meet in person soon! Congrats and good luck!
Post a Comment