Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Busy Morning...

It was my turn to host Brynnie's Joy School playgroup this morning at our house. Me and three other Mom's from Church, each take a turn having the kids at our house for two mornings, one week out of the month. Brynna had a lot of fun with her friends and we were happy to have them over. By the time 12:00 rolled around though, that girl was ready for a nap! She's been one moody little diablo lately. Justin and I are really hoping it is a phase that fades FAST! Here are a few pics of her in her happier moments!

After the girls had played for a while, we had storytime. We read one of my girls' favorites, "Duck on a Bike" by David Shannon. Brynna's friend Ivy had the funniest look on her face the whole time. Like she was deeply disturbed that a duck would ever ride a bike?! I asked her if she liked it and she said "Uh-huh." still looking very concerned. It was pretty funny! After that, we busted out the Play-Doh. As usual, it was a big hit. It was so cute seeing them being so proud of all their little creations! They kept saying "Look at this!"


After Play-Doh we cleaned up and had snack. They all gobbled up their grapes, but wouldn't eat their string cheese or graham crackers. It was actually refreshing to see that it's not just my kids that won't eat their food! While I was cleaning up lunch, I had the 'Curious George' soundtrack by Jack Johnson on (my FAVORITE!) and the girls broke out in a little jam session and started dancing in the kitchen. It was so cute, they were all holding hands and bopping up and down.

Then we played some more and made Halloween cards for the girls Moms and Dads. About then Brynna went balistic, so she went to bed. The other little girls, Katy and Ivy climbed into Maryn's bed and snuggled together while I read them books. It's so much fun watching Brynna, and the group of girls her same age at church, growing up and becoming their own little people. It's just crazy how fast that time goes!

3 comments:

KatSpyAZ said...

How cute! Thanks for keeping Ivy. I know she had a great time.

You're an inspiration. Rusty's been subconsciously trying to promote a family website. Maybe it's time.........

Erin Lemons said...

I am so jealous and wish that Allie could be there to play. It looked like a lot of fun!

Traveling Mama said...

What fun! How nice for the girls to have each other! It reminds me of when we were little. Can you believe that Hailey is almost 7? We met when I was 7 and you were 6! It's so weird because I can still remember it... so, I better watch out because Hailey is going to remember everything I say to her! LOL!